Jennifer Michelle Goodwin
Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
Goodwin attended St. Mary’s Episcopal School in Memphis, Tennessee. In 1996, she graduated from Lausanne Collegiate School in Memphis, Tennessee.
For a year, she enrolled herself into Hanover College in Hanover, Indiana to major in Theater. Finally, Goodwin earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts.
In regards to her theater work, she has worked at Stratford Upon-Avon’s Shakespeare Institute in England. Years later, she received Acting Shakespeare Certificate” from Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
- Father – Tim Goodwin (Former Owner of Recording Studio)
- Mother – Linda (née Kantor) (Former educator)
- Siblings – Melissa Goodwin (Younger Sister) (Stop Motion Animator)
She is signed to William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ginnifer Goodwin dated –
- Topher Grace (2002) – In 2002, Topher and Ginnifer worked on the movie Mona Lisa Smile (2003) and eventually started dating each other.
- Joaquin Phoenix (2005) – The actors were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other in 2005 when they were seen leaving the hotel room in bizarre hours. They also did the movie “Walk the Line” (2005) together.
- Chris Klein (2006-2008) – Actors Chris and Ginnifer dated for two years from November 2006 to December 2008.
- Joey Kern (2009-2011) – Joey and Goodwin were an item for two years. They were found kissing in April 2009 at Las Vegas and were reportedly dating. They engaged on December 24, 2010, which was called off on May 20, 2011.
- Josh Dallas (2011-Present) – Goodwin then found true love in actor Josh Dallas and started dating him in October 2011. After two years of successful dating, they decided to engage on October 9, 2013. The marriage happened on April 12, 2014. The couple has 2 sons, first one born on May 29, 2014 and second one in 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English and Welsh ancestry on her dad’s side, while she is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on mom’s side.
35-26-35 in or 84-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
In 2010, she appeared in Noxzema’s “Come Clean’ campaign.
Best Known For
Playing Mary Margaret Blanchard / Snow White in the ABC’s fairy tale drama series Once Upon a Time since 2011.
She debuted with 2000 short film Zelda: An Extrospective Journey for her title role as Zelda.
First TV Show
In 2001, Goodwin played the role as Erica in the NBC’s police procedural and legal drama TV series Law & Order in an episode titled “Myth of Fingerprints”.
She was previously a vegan, but after having some health issues, she included some dairy products into her life.
Ginnifer uses Weight Watchers to keep her weight in check.
For her health is not just weight loss, it is the healthy mind, less stress and a better lifestyle.
She also indulges in her favorite snacks or if she craves for pasta dinner, she’ll have it.
Ginnifer Goodwin Favorite Things
- Romantic Comedy Film – When Harry Met Sally (1989)
- Holiday – Halloween
Source – IMDb
Ginnifer Goodwin Facts
- She went to a clown school but got failed.
- Her mom has worked for multinational companies like FedEx and Apple.
- She changed the spellings of her name from “Jennifer” to “Ginnifer” to make it easier to pronounce and also to make it unique.
- Her mother is Jewish and Ginnifer had a bat mitzvah service.
- Ginnifer is close friends with Jennifer Morrison.
- She was previously a vegan.
- In 2009, Goodwin was the spokesperson for Farm Sanctuary’s Adopt-A-Turkey project.
- She is the sister-in-law of Nathan Shepherd.
- You may want to follow Ginnifer on Twitter.