|Chris Klein Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 14, 1979|
|Spouse||Laina Rose Thyfault|
Chris Klein is an American actor best known for his roles in teen comedies. Chris Ostreicher aka Oz in the American Pie franchise is the most memorable character played by him. In 2020, he was cast to play Bill Townsend in the Netflix drama, Sweet Magnolias.
Frederick Christopher Klein
Hinsdale, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Chris graduated from Millard West High School in Omaha, Nebraska in 1997. He was a member of the varsity swim team as well as played linebacker and cornerback for the football team.
Chris was officially cast in the film Election (1999) by the time he got in freshman year at Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, Texas. He was a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity in university.
- Father – Fred Klein (Engineer)
- Mother – Terese Bergen aka Terry Klein (Teacher)
- Siblings – Deborah aka Debbie Klein (Older Sister), Timothy aka Tim Klein (Younger Brother)
- Others – Frederick Christopher Klein (Paternal Grandfather), Veronica Edith White (Paternal Grandmother), Jeremiah Joseph Bergen aka Jerry (Maternal Grandfather), Lucy Catherine Kluth (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by –
- ICM Partners
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners
- Sloane, Offer, Weber and Dern LLP (Law Firm)
- Jaime Primak Sullivan, Bridge and Tunnel Entertainment (Publicist)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Katie Holmes (2000–2005) – Chris dated Katie in his early 20s, the couple bonded over their similar upbringing and common experiences in Hollywood. After dating for 3 years, they got engaged in 2003. Their respective careers started going through a transition period that made them see less of each other due to which the couple called off their engagement officially in March 2005.
- Lindley Gardner (2006) – Chris briefly dated former actress and model turned Psychologist Lindley Gardner in 2006.
- Ginnifer Goodwin (2006–2008) – The actor dated fellow actress, Ginnifer for a little over 2 years before an amicable break-up.
- Laina Rose Thyfault (2011–Present) – Klein first met travel agent Laina at a mutual friend’s wedding in 2011. The couple dated for 3 years and got engaged in December 2014. They got married in August 2015 in the state of Montana at an outdoor church in Gallatin Gateway. Together the couple has a son named Frederick Easton Klein (b. July 2016) and a daughter named Isla Rose Klein (b. May 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, Irish, and distant English ancestry.
- Tall height
- Receding hairline
- He was cast in the TV commercials for a video game called The Sims Online (2002) by Maxis, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts.
- He also made a brief appearance in Bud Light Mixx Tail TV commercial in 2015.
Chris Klein Favorite Things
- Movie Character – Indiana Jones
- Actor – Harrison Ford
Source – MTV
Chris Klein Facts
- His first performance on stage was as a child participating in church choirs.
- His first major expense with the money he earned in Hollywood was to pay for another semester at Texas Christian University since he had taken substantial time off to film his first 2 films.
- In senior year, he was cast as Tony in his school’s production of the musical West Side Story that led his principal to introduce him to the director, Alexander Payne to audition for him when he visited the school campus scouting for filming locations for his next teen movie.
- Chris was arrested for drunk driving in June 2005 for the first time and then again in June 2010. After his 2nd DUI, the actor enrolled in an alcohol addiction program at the Cirque Lodge rehab facility and has been sober ever since.
- He was the only one of the original cast members who did not appear in American Wedding (2003) because Klein was in London filming another project at that time and the film-makers did not have the budget to get him on location for just a few scenes.
- Chris auditioned for the musical-comedy Mamma-Mia! (2008) but did not make the cut because he did not do well. In 2010, his bad audition went viral. In response, the actor sportingly created a parody of bad auditions for funny or die comedy website.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0