|Golda Rosheuvel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 2, 1970|
Golda Rosheuvel is a Guyanese-British actress and singer who has been widely recognized for her theatre work like her performance in the musical Hair at the Gate Theatre in London, England in 2005, and her essaying Othello in the 2018 production of the play. She gained further popularity after she began to play the role of Queen Charlotte on the streaming television period drama series Bridgerton in 2020. She has appeared in several other TV shows including Silent Witness (2008-2019) in which she portrayed the character of Lyndsey Morrison / Celia Ojama and has starred in numerous films such as the comedy Coma Girl: The State of Grace (2005).
- Siblings – She has a brother.
She is represented by The BWH agency.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Shireen Mula – She has been in a long-term relationship with writer Shireen Mula.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and White)
She is of Guyanese descent on her father’s side of the family and of English descent on her mother’s side.
- Mole beneath her left eye
- Expressive eyes
- Shapely lips
Golda Rosheuvel Favorite Things
- Artist – Megan Thee Stallion
- Hobby – Reading ever since her childhood having a special place in her heart for poetry
- Pastime – Traveling
- Travel Destinations – France, Greece, Italy
Source – TVOverMind
Golda Rosheuvel Facts
- She shifted to England when she was 5 years old.
- Golda hails from a very musical family who have always sung, her father has played instruments, and her mother and brother had been in an orchestra, so she got all the support when she chose acting as her career.
- She has affirmed her favorite book to be The Secret Garden as her mother used to read it to her as a child, and it stuck.
- Golda has proudly represented the LGBTQ+ characters both on screen and on stage.
- She has loved to spread positivity including using her social media presence to do so, having refused to stay down for long.
- Talking of a large number of furry and feathered guest stars on Bridgerton, she has revealed that the Queen’s dogs have minds of their own and have often made scenes hard to shoot.
- Golda has pointed out that when she started portraying Queen Charlotte, it was the first time that she was not playing a character that did not entirely revolve around her being colored and so for her, that was the first time she could tap into her mother’s side. She has thoroughly enjoyed the side of her that loves the afternoon tea and scones with clotted cream and jam, and the part that cherishes horse riding through the countryside. When channeling Queen Charlotte, she has done so with great pride and honor, always thinking about her mother.
- She has disclosed that she has hardly ever been successful at remembering names and so she has always felt embarrassed when being introduced to new people.
- Golda has been passionate about country music.
- She has declared her most-loved time of the day to be the secret mornings when she has woken up with everyone else fast asleep.
- To play Queen Charlotte in Bridgerton, she had to wear a big dress and wigs. Whenever she had to pee while wearing that dress, it usually used to take nearly half an hour just to go to the toilet.
- During the 2022 Human Rights Campaign gala, Golda was honored with the “Equality Award”.
Featured Image by Golda Rosheuvel / Instagram