|Greg Abel Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1962|
Greg Abel is a Canadian businessperson who has served as the chairperson and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway Energy and as the vice-chairperson of non-insurance operations of Berkshire Hathaway since January 2018.
Gregory Edward Abel
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Greg Abel attended the University of Alberta and received a bachelor’s degree in accounting in 1984.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Greg Abel has dated –
- Andrea Abel – He is married to Andrea Abel.
Race / Ethnicity
Greg Abel Facts
- He began his career as a chartered accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers in their San Francisco office.
- Greg Abel was named Berkshire Hathaway’s vice chairperson for non-insurance operations and appointed to Berkshire’s board of directors in January 2018.
- He is an AICPA certified public accountant.
- While speaking with partner Charlie Munger in May 2021, Warren Buffett confirmed Abel as his future successor as CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.
- Greg Abel has also been appointed as the vice-chairperson of Edison Electric Institute and a director of Associated Electric & Gas Insurance Services Limited, Kraft Heinz, Nuclear Electric Insurance Limited, the Hockey Canada Foundation, the Mid-Iowa Council Boy Scouts of America, and the American Football Coaches Foundation.