|Greg Proops Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1959|
Greg Proops is an American actor, stand-up comedian, voice-over artist, and host who is widely recognized for his phenomenal work as an improvisational comedian on the U.K. as well as U.S. versions of the television series Whose Line Is It Anyway? (1989–1998, 1998–2007, 2013-2021). Proops has also appeared in numerous other TV shows including the teen sitcom True Jackson, VP (2008–2011), starred in a number of movies like Bad Actress (2011), and performed as a voice-over artist in various films and programs, such as the animated children’s show Bob the Builder (1999–2009) in which he voiced the title character. Greg has anchored many shows including the podcast The Smartest Man In The World, which he began to host in 2010. Proops has released some popular comedy albums like Joke Book (2007).
Gregory Everett Proops
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Greg went to San Carlos High School. He then attended the College of San Mateo where he spearheaded the comedy pair Proops & Brakeman. He did not finish college.
However, he went on to take courses in improvisation as well as acting at San Francisco State University.
Actor, Stand-up Comedian, Voice-over Artist, Host
- Father – Steven G. Proops
- Mother – Doris Olive (Savage)
He has been represented by Innovative Artists and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
His net worth was $4 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Jennifer Canaga (1990-Present) – He married Jennifer on February 14, 1990.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on his father’s side of the family and of English, Irish, German, and Scottish descent on his mother’s side.
- Wears spectacles
- Cheerful smile
- Sharp features
He has performed in commercials for various brands such as Mercedes-Benz.
Greg Proops Favorite Things
- Host He Has Worked With – Drew Carey having loved his easy-going, affectionate and forbearing nature
Source – Indulg Express
Greg Proops Facts
- He was raised in San Carlos in California.
- Proops resided in London for 5 years after he began starring in Whose Line Is It Anyway? However, he got deported when his work permit expired. The matter was resolved later on and he was allowed back in.
- He has regretted that he waited very long to get married.
- He has recounted that one of the most dangerous things he has ever done has been when he swam in the Green Lagoon in Capri as he was unable to see anything at all.
- Proops has stated that British comedy has greatly inspired his style. He has observed that he has been regarded as a somewhat sarcastic comedian in the US but due to English people being cynical by nature, he has been seen as an optimist by them.
- Greg has pointed out that American audiences have tended to be a bit rowdier whereas British crowds have usually stopped laughing after the gag line, and he has affirmed that he has loved them both.
- He has owned an Ocelot named Hope.
- Greg has disclosed that during his career in comedy, he has been pleasantly surprised to discover his own affinity for podcasting and the immense love and attention he received, due to his involvement in it. After 3 decades, he had not anticipated how profoundly it would alter his outlook.
Featured Image by Greg Proops / Instagram