|Gretchen Mol Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1972|
Gretchen Mol is an American actress and former model who is best known for portraying the character of Gillian Darmody in the period crime drama TV series Boardwalk Empire (2010–2014). She is also well recognized for playing Lynne Camden in Girls Club (2002), Annie Norris in Life on Mars (2008-2009), and Jaclyn Blackstone in Chance (2016). Besides that, she has acted in films such as Donnie Brasco (1997), Rounders (1998), The Thirteenth Floor (1999), Sweet and Lowdown (1999), The Shape of Things (2003), The Notorious Bettie Page (2005), 3:10 to Yuma (2007), and Manchester by the Sea (2016).
Gretchen E. Mol
Deep River, Middlesex County, Connecticut, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Gretchen had graduated, in 1990, from the Valley Regional High School in her hometown of Deep River. She had then attended The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, a private college conservatory for the performing arts in New York City, and graduated from the William Esper Studio, a school for the performing arts in Manhattan, New York.
Actress, Former Model
- Father – James Curtis Mol (Teacher, School Principal) (d. September 2015)
- Mother – Janet Mol (née Morgan) (Artist, Teacher)
- Siblings – Jim Mol (Older Brother) (Director, Film Editor)
- Others – Rachel Williams (Sister-in-Law) (Model, TV Presenter, Landscape Designer), Tod Williams, Sr. (Father-in-Law) (Architect), Trisha Jones (Mother-in-Law), William G. ‘Bill’ Mol, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Lucille Winston Gray (Paternal Grandmother), Henry Morgan (Maternal Grandfather), Betty Chappuis (Maternal Grandmother), Harry Morgan (Maternal Uncle) (d. 2012)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Gretchen has dated –
- Craig Bierko
- Tod Williams (2003-Present) – Gretchen began dating American director, producer, and screenwriter Tod Culpan ‘Kip’ Williams in 2003, and the couple got married on June 1, 2004. They have 2 children together – a son named Ptolemy John Williams (b. October 10, 2007) and a daughter named Winter Morgan Williams (b. February 17, 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, French, Irish, Welsh, and distant Dutch descent.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
She has been featured in a TV commercial for the multinational beverage giant Coca-Cola.
Gretchen Mol Facts
- She had attended the Valley Regional High School with fellow future actor Peter Lockyer. They had performed in several school musicals and plays together.
- After graduating from the William Esper Studio, she had worked for a while in a summer stock theatre in Vermont and then as an usher at Angelika Film Center, a movie theatre in New York. She later joined Michael’s Restaurant in New York as a hat-check girl and used to live in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood of New York City. It was there that she was spotted by a talent agent.
- She had played the character of Jenny in the play titled The Shape of Things (2001) in both London and New York. When the play was adapted into a featured film that was released in 2003, she was chosen to reprise that role.
- She has served as the national spokesperson for the PMD Foundation in the United States. The organization funds research into the Pelizaeus–Merzbacher disease, a neurological disorder that affects thousands of children globally.
Featured Image by Gretchen Mol / Instagram