|Ha Ji-won Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1978|
Ha Ji-won is a South Korean actress, author, and designer who has proven her acting caliber via a variety of roles in shows and movies such as Lee Soo-jung in What Happened in Bali, Ki Seung Nyang in Empress Ki, Hwang Jini in Hwang Jini, Kim Hang-ah in The King 2 Hearts, Gil Ra-im in Secret Garden, Lee Ji-soo in Closer to Heaven, and Oh Ha-na in The Time We Were Not in Love. Moreover, she has also gained a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Facebook, and more than 120k followers on Twitter.
Seoul, South Korea
Ha Ji-won attended Dankook University and graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Film and Television (BFTV).
Actress, Author, Designer
Ha Ji-won is represented by –
- Wellmade STARM
- Haewadal Entertainment
- United Talent Agency
- BM+ Entertainment
- Invincible Plan (China)
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ha Ji-won has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
Ha Ji-won is of South Korean descent.
- Often sports short hair
- High cheekbones
Ha Ji-won Facts
- She was discovered by an agent who came across her pictures in a photography studio while Ha Ji-won was in her senior year of high school.
- While growing up, she aspired of becoming an actress.
- She has said that before she made her debut, she failed in around 100 auditions.
- Ha Ji-won opted for the stage name “Ha Ji-won” as a favor to her previous manager as it was the name of his first unrequited love.
- She is hailed for her portrayal of the titular character named Hwang Jini, one of the most famous gisaeng of the Joseon Dynasty, in the 2006 historical romantic drama TV series, Hwang Jini. For this role, Ha Ji-won won many accolades including 2006 KBS Drama Awards, 34th Korean Broadcasting Award, 43rd Baeksang Arts Award, and BNT 32nd Golden Chest International TV Festival Award.
- She played the role of Lee Ji-soo in the 2009 drama film, Closer to Heaven, and this role won her the 30th Blue Dragon Film Award for “Best Actress”, 9th Korea Youth Film Festival Award for “Favorite Film Actress”, and 46th Baeksang Arts Award for “Best Actress (Film)”.
- Ha Ji-won released her first book “This Moment” in 2012.
Featured Image by KIYOUNG KIM / Flickr / CC BY 2.0