|Hana Mae Lee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 28, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hana Mae Lee is supremely talented and her talent and skills aren’t bound to any single field or industry. She has achieved worldwide fame with her work in Pitch Perfect movie series. Before she showed off her acting skills, she used to work as a designer for the leading fashion houses such as Mossimo and Ralph Lauren. She is a pretty good dancer as well and has taken formal training. Moreover, she is also an accomplished stand-up comedienne as well as an experienced makeup artist.
Hana Mae Lee
Southern California, California, United States
Hana Mae Lee went to the Otis College of Art and Design in Los Angeles, California. She graduated from the college with a BFA degree in fashion design.
Actress, Model, Comedian, Makeup Artist, Fashion Designer
- Father – He was the captain of his police team in Seoul.
- Mother – She owns and operates a fashion boutique.
Hana Mae Lee is represented by Beverly Hills-based The Gersh Agency, Inc.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Hana Mae Lee has dated –
- Utkarsh Ambudkar (2012) – In 2012, Hana was linked with actor Utkarsh Ambudkar by the American tabloids. It was claimed that they had grown closer while shooting for the movie, Pitch Perfect. However, it seems their relationship didn’t last long after the release of the movie.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Korean ancestry.
Hana Mae Lee has endorsed –
- Apple Inc.
- American Express
- Cherry Coke
She has also used her social media activity to promote the following brands –
- Loree Rodkin (Jewelry, eyewear, and fragrance brand)
- Alexander McQueen
- Helmut Lang
- Rick Owens Store
- Maison Margiela
- Robert Wun
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Lilly Onakuramara in the comedy movie series Pitch Perfect
- Having made guest appearances in popular TV shows such as Workaholics, Mike & Molly, Californication, and Patriot
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the comedy movie, The Dog Problem, but her part went uncredited.
She made her credited theatrical film debut as Lilly in 2012 in the movie Pitch Perfect.
First TV Show
In April 2011, Hana Mae Lee made her first TV show appearance in the episode named Samuel Gets Fired of the comedy series, Mike & Molly.
Hana Mae Lee Favorite Things
- Fashion Inspirations – Alexander McQueen
- Skincare Product – Specific Beauty
- Makeup Products – Dior Nude, Dior Airbrush, Dior Eyeshadows, Nars Laguna and Seaside Bronzers, Anastasia Eyebrow Pencil, Maybelline and L’Oréal mascara, Nars Lip Pigments, Beautyblender, Nars Black Valley Eye Paint, City Lips, Burt’s Bees
Source – Young Hollywood, Byrdie
Hana Mae Lee Facts
- At the age of 14, she worked as a Sebastian Trucco makeup model. She started doing makeup professionally at the age of 15.
- One of her first jobs as a professional makeup artist was at Macy’s from where she soon proceeded to do makeovers at Estée Lauder and Clinique.
- She was cast alongside Kim Kardashian in an endorsement campaign for Midori liqueur.
- She has been featured in the popular magazines such as Elle, TIME, SOMA, and Teen Vogue.
- As a fashion designer, she has designed clothes for Mossimo’s boy’s label and their plus-wear line for Target.
- She was hired to design menswear for Ralph Lauren’s Purple and Black labels. However, she wanted to focus on her acting as well and as she had to stay in the New York City for her work, it became difficult to juggle the two jobs. So, she decided to quit her job at Ralph Lauren.
- In 2009, she launched her own clothing line, Hanamahn, which translates to ‘one’ in Korean. She started with sportswear and jackets.
- She had originally auditioned for the role of Stacie in Pitch Perfect. However, when she got a callback, she was asked to read for Lilly.
- For the callback, she was given a wrong script and was then given just 5 minutes to prepare for her audition by the casting directors. So, she decided to perform an old Korean folk song.
- She has taken official training in modern dance and hip-hop. While in high school, she used to coordinate all the talent shows.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Hana Mae Lee / Instagram