|Hannah Gadsby Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1978|
Hannah Gadsby is an Australian comedian, writer, actress, and TV presenter who came to prominence in 2018 after the release of a film version of her stand-up show, Nanette, by Netflix. She earned multiple accolades for her work on the show including a Primetime Emmy Award in the category of ‘Outstanding Writing for a Variety Special’ and a prestigious Peabody Award.
Smithton, Tasmania, Australia
Hannah had attended the Smithton High School in her hometown from 1990 to 1995 and had then moved to Launceston College, a government comprehensive senior secondary school in Launceston, Tasmania, in year 12.
After her high school graduation, she had joined the University of Tasmania, a public research university in Hobart, before taking a transfer to the Australian National University, a national research university in Canberra. She had graduated from there, in 2003, with a bachelor’s degree in art history and curatorship.
Comedian, Writer, Actress, TV Presenter
- Father – Her father is a retired mathematics teacher.
- Mother – Kay Gadsby
- Siblings – She has 4 older siblings.
She is represented by –
- Janette Linden, Manager (UK), PBJ Management Ltd., London, England, United Kingdom
- Kevin Whyte, Manager (Australia and Rest of the World), Token Artists, Talent Management Agency, Collingwood North, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Andrew Skikne, Booking Agent (Touring), United Talent Agency (UTA), Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States
- Nick Nuciforo, Booking Agent (Touring), United Talent Agency (UTA), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Lucinda Moorhead, Booking Agent (TV), United Talent Agency (UTA), Los Angeles, California, United States
- Larry Salz, Booking Agent (TV), United Talent Agency (UTA), Los Angeles, California, United States
- ID PR, PR and Communications Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Observational Comedy, Dark Humour, Deadpan, Wit
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hannah has dated –
- Jill Soloway (2018-2019)
- Jenney Shamash – In January 2021, she secretly married Jenney Shamash.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Australian descent.
- Stocky frame
- Short-cropped, spiked hair
- Boyish face
Hannah Gadsby Facts
- After her graduation from the Australian National University in 2003, Hannah had worked in a few bookshops in Canberra. She had later worked as a projectionist at an outdoor cinema in the city of Darwin. After a while, she had moved to the eastern coast of Australia and had worked there for about 2 years picking vegetables and planting trees before she was eventually rendered homeless.
- Her big break came in 2006 when, during a visit to her sister in Adelaide, she had decided to participate in the preliminary round of Raw Comedy, a competition for emerging Australian stand-up comedians conducted annually by the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. She, unexpectedly, progressed through the heats and eventually won the competition.
- By virtue of this win, she was sent to participate in So You Think You’re Funny?, an annual stand-up comedy competition for new acts at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, the world’s largest arts festival. She had stood 2nd at that competition.
- She was diagnosed with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and autism in 2017.
- In 2018, she had published a memoir titled Ten Steps To Nanette.
Featured Image by Hannah Gadsby / Instagram