|Harry Treadaway Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1984|
|Girlfriend||Holliday Clark Grainger|
Harry Treadaway is an English actor and singer known for being the younger twin brother of fellow actor, Luke Treadaway. He is usually cast in storylines of the thriller genre to play uncanny characters or regular characters in eerie situations. Harry gained massive recognition for playing Dr. Victor Frankenstein in Penny Dreadful (2014–2016). He has also portrayed important roles in various other TV shows and films such as Mr. Mercedes, Gringo, Star Trek: Picard, The Lone Ranger, and Meadowlands.
Harry John Newman Treadaway
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital in Exeter, England, United Kingdom
North London, England, United Kingdom
Harry studied at Queen Elizabeth’s Community College in Crediton, Devon. He was a member of the school Rugby team that won the Devon Cup twice.
At the age of 16, he was selected in the competitive summer program of National Youth Theatre where only 10 percent of the auditioning participants are selected. While training there for 2 summers, Harry found out about all the popular drama schools in England and applied to all of them.
He was accepted in London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA) along with his brother Luke. During the 1st and 2nd year of LAMDA, Harry started working on his debut feature film Brothers of the Head (2005) due to which he was marked down by a couple of grades by the institute. He graduated in 2006.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – David Treadaway (Architect)
- Mother – She was a primary school teacher.
- Siblings – Sam Treadaway (Older Brother) (Artist, Work includes sculpture, book arts, scent installations, and occasionally live events), Luke Treadaway (Older Twin Brother) (Actor, Singer)
- Others – Peter A. Treadaway (Paternal Grandfather), Margaret A. Elliott (Paternal Grandmother)
Harry is represented by –
- Principal Entertainment LA, California, United States
- ICM Partners, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Tavistock Wood Management, London, United Kingdom
Punk Rock, Punk-Pop, New Wave
Vocals, Guitar, Drums
- JVC Kenwood Victor Entertainment
- Milan Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harry Treadaway has dated –
- Polly Stenham (2008–2011) – Harry met playwright Polly through mutual friends and actors Felicity Jones and Matt Smith when Jones and Smith were cast in her award-winning play, That Face. In a 2010 interview, Harry confirmed dating her for the past 3 years while still in a relationship with her. He also confirmed his break-up in May 2011. Nevertheless, Polly and Harry continue to socialize occasionally owing to common friends.
- Holliday Clark Grainger (2015–Present) – When Harry first started dating Manchester-born actress Holliday, the paparazzi presumed she was seeing his identical twin Luke. The actress confirmed in an interview that Harry Treadaway was her boyfriend and one of her most extravagant expenses was to go out for spa weekends with him. The couple started dating in January 2015 and have been together ever since.
Race / Ethnicity
- Long, slender face and thin build
- Prominent and slightly irregular front two teeth
- Dimpled chin
He was cast as one of the models in the Burberry Autumn/Winter 2015 Campaign.
Best Known For
- Playing the character of Victor Frankenstein in the British-American horror-drama series Penny Dreadful (2014–2016)
- Being cast as a young psychopath named Brady Hartsfield in the American crime-drama series Mr. Mercedes
As a Singer
Harry performed all the music tracks live in his debut film, Brothers of the Head (2005) along with his twin, Luke. The two brothers also recorded 9 tracks for the soundtrack album.
He made his theatrical film debut as a rock star named Tom Howe, one-half of conjoined twins in the drama film, Brothers of the Head in 2005. The movie was based on a 1977 science fiction novel by Brian Aldiss of the same name.
First TV Show
Harry made his TV show debut as George Erskine in an episode titled Sleeping Murder of the series, Agatha Christie’s Marple in 2006.
Since the age of 20, the actor frequently started visiting the South of France for water sports because his secondary school drama teacher started a water rafting company called Adventure Ardeché. He used to visit that place frequently to chaperone school children and enjoyed kayaking, rock climbing, and cycling until he got busier with work commitments.
Harry follows a vegetarian diet from the age of 6.
Harry Treadaway Favorite Things
- Movies He Likes To Recommend – The Shining (1980), Badlands (1973), Pulp Fiction (1994), Cool Hand Luke (1967), The Holy Mountain (1973)
- Childhood Book – The Very Hungry Caterpillar (1969) by Eric Carle
- Signature Style – Jeans and boots
Source – InterviewMagazine.com, www.treadawayfans.uk
Harry Treadaway Facts
- He is 20 minutes younger than his twin brother, Luke Treadaway.
- Although Harry claimed that he will always have a home in London, he has planned to build another house in the countryside designed by his architect father when his lifestyle gets less hectic.
- The actor never imagined himself in a 9 to 5 job. As he grew older, he always looked for ways to continue playing make-believe because of which he considers acting as the best job ever.
- Inspired by Pearl Jam lead vocalist and guitarist Eddie Vedder and encouraged by his secondary school drama teacher, at the age of 14, Harry and his twin brother Luke started a band called Lizardsun.
- If he had not been an actor, he would have considered becoming a policeman or a fireman.
- During the early years of his struggle, Harry would often change in pub toilets before going on set but persevered till he started landing jobs that allowed him to travel extensively and work in Los Angeles studios.
- When not working, Harry likes to spend quality time with his friends and family. He likes going for a walk on London’s hilltop park, Hampstead Heath or visit Devon. He also finds it therapeutic to spend alone time in nature.
- Harry enjoys learning new skills through his acting jobs. In the early years of his career, he shared that he learned to play the drums, twirl a gun, ride a motorbike, strip a car engine, and ride a horse.
- To play one of the outlaws in The Lone Ranger (2013), Harry got 6 week boot camp training from local cowboys in New Mexico.
- In his professional debut, Brothers of the Head (2005), Harry was cast as one half of a conjoined twin. He spent 15 hours a day connected to his brother wearing a wetsuit that was sewn together. He also slept with his brother in that outfit to better understand the unique physical attribute of his character in the movie.
- Harry also made his stage debut with his twin brother Luke in a play by Mark Ravenhill called Over There (2009) at the Royal Court Theatre in London.
- Late actor, Anton Yelchin was originally cast to play Brady Hartsfield in Mr. Mercedes. Harry was recast in that role after Yelchin’s unexpected death in June 2016.
- Harry Treadaway is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0