|Harsha Bhogle Quick Info
|5 ft 7 in
|Date of Birth
|July 19, 1961
Harsha Bhogle is an Indian cricket commentator and journalist who started contributing to the Times Group subsidiary Cricbuzz in 2016. Besides that, he also hosted the show Travel India in 2008. With time, Harsha has amassed a huge fan base with more than 10 million followers on Twitter, more than 2 million followers on Facebook, and more than 250k followers on Instagram.
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Harsha studied at Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet. Later, he went on to attain a B.Tech. degree in Chemical Engineering from Osmania University‘s College of Technology in Hyderabad.
Thereafter, he went on to earn his Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.
Journalist, Cricket Commentator
- Father – A.D. Bhogle (Professor)
- Mother – Shalini Bhogle (Professor)
- Siblings – Svati Bhogle (Sister), Srinivas Bhogle (Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Harsha’s name has been linked with –
- Anita Bhogle – Harsha met his wife Anita while studying at IIM-A. Later, the couple married one another and now have 2 children both of who are boys, named, Chinmay and Satchit.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Marathi ancestry.
- Short curly hair
- Always wears a pair of reading spectacles
- Wide smile
- Keeps his t-shirts tucked in
Through his social media, he has either promoted or endorsed various brands such as RuPay and Panasonic.
Harsha Bhogle Favorite Things
- City – London
Source – Instagram
Harsha Bhogle Facts
- He was raised in a family of highly intellectual people.
- His father is a French professor and his mother is a professor of psychology.
- He is an engineer by profession.
- Prior to becoming a commentator, Harsha worked for 2 years at an advertising firm and put in 2 years more at a sports management company.
- He played small level cricket in the past and was part of the APCA cricket team.
- Harsha was 19 years old when he started his commentary stint with the All India Radio while he stayed at Hyderabad.
- He is the first Indian commentator to be called upon by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation in 1991 for the Indian cricket series prior to the 1992 Cricket World Cup. Since then, he has been part of the ABC Radio Grandstand.
- In the past, he had worked for the BBC commentary team for 8 years.
- He joined ESPN Star Sports in 1995 and has been part of their live commentary team ever since.
- Harsha had once been part of the Few Good Men commentary team that included the likes of Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavaskar, Alan Wilkins, Geoff Boycott, Navjot Singh Sidhu, Ian Chappell, and Sanjay Manjrekar.
- He started his Twitter account in October 2009.
- Harsha was said to have been fired by the BCCI in 2016 after many Indian players had criticized him. He became a part of the Indian Premier League series in 2009.
- During the 2011-12 series in Australia, he covered the entire event for the Australian Broadcasting Company single-handedly.
- His first-ever ODI as a commentator was the India-Pakistan match in Hyderabad on September 10, 1983, which was broadcast on Doordarshan. He received a sum of ₹350 for the task.
Featured Image By Harsha Bhogle / Instagram