|Heather Watson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 19, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Heather Watson is a British professional tennis player known for having won various tennis tournaments like Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Japan Open, and US Open. She has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Babolat Racquets, New Balance Apparel, Beards Jewellers, and SportFX Cosmetics. Heather has a huge social media fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram, more than 200k followers on Twitter, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Heather Miriam Watson
Saint Peter Port, Guernsey, United Kingdom
Le Tennis, Maresfield, Sussex, United Kingdom
Heather Watson studied in Melrose Ladies’ College in Guernsey. After she moved to Florida at the age of 12, she resumed her education there. She also attended the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Florida.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Ian Watson (Former MD of Guernsey Electricity)
- Mother – Michelle Watson
- Others – Adam (Older Half Brother), Stephanie (Older Half-Sister), Julie (Older Half-Sister)
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Heather Watson has dated –
- Phil Stephens (2013-2015) – For almost 2 years, she was in a relationship with tennis player turned investment banker, Phil Stephens. They broke up in 2015.
- Lloyd Glasspool (2016-2018) – In November 2016, through an Instagram post, Heather introduced her boyfriend, a British professional tennis player, Lloyd Glasspool. The couple often shared several pictures on their social media and was spotted together often. They split in the summer of 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Black)
She has English ancestry on her father’s side and Papua New Guinean ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Pointed chin
- Broad shoulders
Heather Watson has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Babolat Racquets
- New Balance Apparel
- Beards Jewellers
- Public Desire
- SportFX Cosmetics
- Mettler London
- Jaguar UK
- Pop Up Fitness
Best Known For
Being one of Britain’s top women professional tennis players. Some of her notable victories include Wimbledon Mixed Doubles title with Henri Kontinen (2016), and WTA singles title at the Japan Open (October 2012), among others. In the juniors level, she won the US Open (2009) and gold at Commonwealth Youth Games (2008).
First Tennis Match
In October 2005, Heather played her debut tennis match at the Canadian ITF Grade 4 Event.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of her tennis matches, she hasn’t appeared on any TV show yet.
Heather Watson’s everyday workout routine is a combination of 4 hours of court practice and 2 hours of fitness training at the gym in cardio with heavy weightlifting. Her training continues until the beginning of a tournament.
Heather Watson Favorite Things
- Surface – Hard
- Meal Of The Day – Lunch
- Dessert – Chocolate Cheesecake or Chocolate Lava Cake
- Cuisine – Asian
- Dishes – Steak Tartare and Foie Gras
- Item Of Clothing – Big, baggy, off-the-shoulder jumpers
Heather Watson Facts
- At the age of 7, she started playing tennis.
- As a child, she was more into swimming and won medals in freestyle, breaststroke, butterfly, and backstroke events.
- In October 2012, she became the 2nd British female to win a WTA singles title after winning the Japan Open.
- Her highest ITF Junior ranking was No. 3 in the world.
- Her style icons are Serena Williams and Beyonce.
- In 2008, she won the Women’s Tennis at the Commonwealth Youth Games in Pune, India, by beating India’s Kyra Shroff.
- She de-stresses by sorting her wardrobe.
- Her sports idol is snooker player Ronnie O’Sullivan.
- If tennis hadn’t worked out, her plan B career would have been interior designing.
Featured Image by Carine06 / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0