|Hera Hilmar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 27, 1988|
Hera Hilmar is an Icelandic actress who got enamored with acting at a very young age. In fact, she had found inspiration right at home as her parents were heavily involved in the Icelandic movie industry. Her father is a well-known director and started giving Hera opportunities at a very young age. However, she didn’t solely rely on her parents’ connections to further her acting career. She won an acting scholarship to the prestigious LAMDA and her study at the academy helped her add depth to her acting, which is well evident in her roles.
She divides her time between Los Angeles, London, and Icelandic capital Reykjavik.
Hera Hilmar polished her acting skills at the iconic London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. She eventually graduated from the academy with a BA (Hons) Professional Acting. She was a Richard Carne Trust scholar and William and Katherine Longman Charitable Trust scholar at the LAMDA.
- Father – Hilmar Oddsson (Film Director)
- Mother – Þórey Sigþórsdóttir (Actress)
- Siblings – Unknown
She is represented by –
- 42 Management
- Creative Artists Agency
- Management 360
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
As per one of her Instagram posts, it can be assumed that she is in a relationship. But, she has refrained from divulging the identity of her boyfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Icelandic ancestry.
Ginger Blonde (Natural)
She has often been seen with brunette dyed locks.
Hera Hilmar has used her social media activity to promote products and brands such as –
- Beladora Jewelry
- Jimmy Choo
- Moira Fine Jewellery
- Oscar de la Renta
Best Known For
- Having essayed the role of Vanessa in the fantasy drama TV series, Da Vinci’s Demons (2013-2015)
- Being cast in the starring role in the Icelandic drama movie, Life in a Fishbowl. Her work in the movie was highly praised by the critics.
In 1995, she made her theatrical film debut in the Icelandic biographical drama movie, Tears of Stone.
First TV Show
In 2008, Hera Hilmar made her first TV show appearance in the crime drama TV series, Svartir Englar.
Hera Hilmar Favorite Things
- Singer – Björk
Source – IMDb
Hera Hilmar Facts
- She has managed to perfect her British accent while studying at the London Academy of Music and Art.
- She got interested in acting at a very young age and got opportunities in her childhood to act in several movies directed by her father.
- In 2015, the European Film Promotion declared her one of the “European films’ Shooting Stars”.
- She grabbed her first leading role in the drama movie, The Quiet Storm. Her work in the movie helped her win a nomination for Edda Award, which is awarded by The Icelandic Film and Television Academy.
- She managed to get a role in the movie, The Quiet Storm after she impressed director Gudny Halldorsdottir with her work in a theatre project in high school. She had also created and produced the project.
- In February 2017, she earned an opportunity to become a household name all over the world after she was cast in the leading role in the fantasy movie, Mortal Engines, which is based on the best-selling book of the same name.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Hera Hilmar / Instagram