|Hirohiko Araki Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1960|
Hirohiko Araki is a Japanese manga artist who came to prominence in the 1980s with the creation of the masterpiece JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure. Besides that, he is also notably known for his work with Baoh.
Araki attended the Miyagi University of Education. However, he did not complete his studies there in order to pursue his dream as a manga artist.
Manga Artist, Artist
- Siblings – He has 2 younger identical twin sisters.
Action, Adventure, Supernatural
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hirohiko has dated –
- Asami Araki – The couple met one another at a group meet-up and later got married after 3 months. They have 2 girls whose names are not known off publicly.
Race / Ethnicity
- He tends to part his hair in the middle.
- Thin eyebrows
Hirohiko Araki Favorite Things
- Book As A Child – The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Hirohiko Araki Facts
- He was brought up in Sendai alongside his younger identical twin sisters.
- Hirohiko once stated in an interview that it was because of the annoying ways of his sister, he would lock himself in his room and spend most of his time reading manga comics. He has cited manga writer Ikki Kajiwara’s Ai to Makoto and French artist Paul Gauguin to have had an influence on him to be a manga artist.
- He had taken an interest in doing manga at an early age and became more passionate about it after a school friend of his praised his work. By the time, Hirohiko was in high school, he had already been sending his work to magazines. However, they were all rejected.
- The first piece of Hirohiko’s work that was publicized was Poker Under Arms that won the “Selected Work” title for at the Tezuka Award. During that time, Hirohiko made his debut under the stage name of Toshiyuki Araki.
Featured Image By monoprixgourmet / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.0