|Ian Whyte Quick Info|
|Height||7 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||September 17, 1971|
Ian Whyte is a talented Welsh actor, stuntman, and former professional basketball player. He is known for his roles in Alien vs. Predator, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, Solomon Kane, Outcast, Clash of the Titans, Game of Thrones, Prometheus , The Scorpion King 4: Quest for Power, Hercules, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. He played for British basketball team Newcastle Eagles. Ian also has a master’s degree in Marketing.
Ian Stuart Whyte
Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
Tynemouth, England, United Kingdom
Ian Whyte passed out from Henry Hudson Regional High School in Highlands, New Jersey in 1990. Later, he joined Iona College in New York and Clarion University in Pennsylvania through a basketball scholarship while earning a Master’s degree in Marketing.
Actor, Stuntman, Former Professional Basketball Player
Ian Whyte is managed by Sam Dodd, Agent, Carey Dodd Associates, London, United Kingdom.
Vinnie Whitehead (1989-1990 season)
- Newcastle Eagles (UK)
- London Towers
- London Leopards
7 ft 1 in or 216 cm
118 kg or 260 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ian Whyte has dated –
- Amy Whyte – Ian was in a relationship with Gordon Brown Law Firm’s business development manager, Amy for a while before tying the knot. They met at a night club in Legends on Grey Street. They have a son named Seb Whyte and a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
- Tall figure
- Arched eyebrows
Ian Whyte has either promoted or endorsed brands like –
- Tesla X
- Marshall Headphones
Best Known For
His roles in films like Alien vs. Predator (2004) as Scar/Celtic/Chopper/Elder Predator, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) as Olympe Maxime, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007) as Wolf, Clash of the Titans (2010) as Sheikh Suleiman, and Prometheus (2012) as Last Engineer; and TV series like Game of Thrones (2011-2019) as White Walker/ Gregor Clegane/ Dongo the Giant/ Wun Wun/Giant Wight #1
In 2004, he made his theatrical film debut in the action-adventure horror film Alien vs. Predator as Scar.
First TV Show
In 2011, he made his first TV show appearance in the action-adventure series Game of Thrones as White Walker #1.
Ian Whyte grew up being a sports person playing professional basketball. He works out regularly to stay fit. His workout includes training in Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Chinese Style Kickboxing.
Ian Whyte Facts
- In school, he was bullied for his towering height.
- He had played for the British basketball team, Newcastle Eagles.
- It was months after he retired from professional basketball when a casting director asked him to audition for the film Alien vs. Predator.
- His suit in the Alien vs. Predator weighed about 45 kg for which he had to build muscles to carry the weight.
- Ian had also played for numerous other teams outside the United Kingdom like France, Belgium, Greece, and Portugal.
- He retired from professional basketball in April 2003 having represented the England national team 80 times.
- Ian has worked alongside numerous Oscar-winning special effects and makeup specialists like Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr, Mark Coulier and VFX supervisor John Bruno.
- For his character of Madame Maxime in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005), he was required to wear stilts to reach a full size of 8’6″ in height and learn the art of feminine behavior.
- He has been featured on the cover of the Luxe Magazine.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Ian Whyte / Instagram