|Indila Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 26, 1984|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Indila is a French singer and songwriter who rose to fame with the release of her first single Dernière danse in December 2013. The song topped several charts including Greece Airplay Chart (IFPI), Greece Digital Songs (Billboard), Israel (Media Forest), Romania (Romania Radio Airplay), and Turkey (Number 1 Top 40) and also reached the 2nd spot on France (SNEP).
French Pop, Raï, World Music, Pop-Folk
Capitol Music Group
5 ft 2¼ in or 158 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Indila has dated –
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
Indila is of Algerian, Egyptian, Indian, and Cambodian descent.
- Often sports forehead bangs
- Short stature
- Her grandmother used to sing at weddings.
- She has immense love for India and that has also been the inspiration behind her stage name.
- On February 24, 2014, Indila released her debut studio album, Mini World, through Capitol Music France and the album comprised of tracks such as Dernière danse, Tourner dans le vide, Tu ne m’entends pas, Love Story, and Mini World.
- She bagged the MTV Europe Music Award for “Best French Artist of 2014” in October 2014.
- Some of Indila’s musical influences have been Enrico Macias, Michael Jackson, Ismaël Lo, Buika, Warda Al-Jazairia, Brel, Lata Mangeshkar.
- She has described herself as the “child of the world”.
- Indila used to work as a tour guide at the Marché international de Rungis before embarking on a musical path.
- She has been one of the 10 artists to receive the European Border Breakers Award in 2015.
Featured Image by Suzanne Schols / Flickr / CC BY 2.0