|YBN Cordae Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 26, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
YBN Cordae is an American rapper and songwriter, best know for 3 of his mixtapes – Anxiety, released in 2014, I’m So Anxious from 2016, and I’m so Anonymous from 2017. After he started taking rapping seriously in early 2018, he decided to dedicate himself to music, as he was already a member of YBN (Young Boss N*ggaz) music collective since 2017, which was founded in 2014 by YBN Nahmir and YBN Almighty Jay. He released a remix of Eminem‘s 1999 song My Name Is on WorldStarHipHop‘s YouTube channel on May 11, 2018. The remix brought him wider recognition, and other songs quickly followed, such as the diss track Old N*ggas in response to rapper J. Cole.
He also released Fighting Temptations in January 2018, and Kung Fu, a song and music video from July 2018 that skyrocketed his hip hop career. In August 2018, he collaborated with YBN Nahmir on the Pain Away single, after which they released a mixtape as a group, titled YBN: Mixtape on September 7, 2018. Cordae also released his solo single titled Scotty Pippen on August 23, 2018, as well as Have Mercy on March 7, 2019, which quickly received a lot of praise from several online publications such as Spotify and UPROXX Hip-Hop.
Entendre, YBN Cordae
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Waldorf, Maryland, United States
He attended Westlake High School in Waldorf, Maryland, United States, and graduated in 2015. In 2017, Cordae went to Towson University in Maryland area but left it in 2018 to pursue his hip hop career.
Hip hop, Old School Hip Hop
Vocals, Keyboards, Piano
Atlantic Recording Corporation
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
YBN Cordae has dated –
- Naomi Osaka (2019-Present) – YBN Cordae started dating Japanese tennis player Naomi Osaka in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
He often dyes the hair ends of his dreads haircut ‘Blonde’, ‘Red’, or ‘Light Brown’.
- Prominent lower lip
- Dreads or cornrow haircut
- Short mustache
YBN Cordae has endorsed the Samsung brand and their Galaxy Note 9 smartphone model in particular.
Best Known For
- Releasing the mixtapes Anxiety (2014), I’m So Anxious (2016), and I’m So Anonymous (2017) under the name Entendre
- Being a part of a hip hop collective YBN (Young Boss N*ggaz), founded in 2014
- Releasing songs and remixes to the WorldStarHipHop YouTube channel, such as My Name Is (2018), Old N*ggas (2018), and Fighting Temptations (2018)
- A single and a music video for Kung Fu, released in July 2018
- Have Mercy, a song that quickly picked up a lot of attention after its release on March 7, 2019
As a Singer
He released his first mixtape titled Anxiety in 2014, under the pseudonym Entendre, and 2 years later, in 2016, I’m So Anxious was released, followed by I’m So Anonymous in 2017.
His 1st single as part of the YBN group was a remix of My Name Is, a well-known song by Eminem, originally performed in 1999.
YBN Cordae Favorite Things
- Rappers – Mac Miller, Capital STEEZ, Big L, Travis Scott, Kendrick Lamar, Nas, Jay-Z, Kid Cudi, Kanye West, Eminem
YBN Cordae Facts
- He was born in Raleigh, North Caroline, but moved to Suitland, Maryland when he was 10.
- YBN Cordae was musically inclined since an early age, since his father was fond of old school hip hop artists such as Nas, Rakim, Talib Kweli, and Big L.
- Rapping was initially just a hobby for him, even though he started writing rap music when he was around 15 years of age.
- He is the only member of the YBN rap collective who isn’t a gamer. Most of the members met through a modification of the GTA III: San Andreas (2004) game that allowed a multiplayer mode. Cordae doesn’t take gaming seriously and met YBN Nahmir in 2017 online.
- YBN Cordae was the oldest member of the YBN group when he officially joined in May 2018, but also the member who was rapping the longest.
- He wanted to change his original artist name “Entendre”, and joining the group gave him a chance to do so.
- Cordae gained a lot of online popularity in July 2018 when he was doing an interview with the basketball team LA Lakers. He freestyled over various well-known hip hop beats, such as Lil Pump‘s Esskeetit, Method Man & Redman‘s Da Rockwilder, and Kendrick Lamar’s DUCKWORTH.
- He was a fan and respected the artist and musician A$AP YAM$, the owner of the A$AP label that featured artists A$AP Rocky and A$AP Ferg. Yams died on January 18, 2015, but no details were disclosed about the cause of death.
- He used to be a waiter at Friday’s and Texas Roadhouse in Maryland while attending college in early 2018. After leaving the college in November 2018, he said to multiple magazines that he hated the job, and that he always knew he deserved and was destined for something bigger.
- He can play the piano and keyboards.
- He believes in the Law of Attraction and positive manifestations, which he demonstrated by taking pictures in expensive cars, believing God and the universe will bring things he truly desired.
- Cordae claimed XXXTentacion‘s music got him through tough times and inspired him.
- His music collective YBN sells its merchandise, thus allowing its fans to support its favorite members of the group or the group in full.
- His 1st public appearance as part of the group was at the Rolling Loud music festival in May 2018, after which he also performed at the XXL Freshman Show later in the year.
- In late 2018, he joined Juice Wrld, Lil Mosey, and Blake on their American WRLD Domination tour.
- YBN Cordae participated in the Black Lives Matter rights protest in 2016 by rapping about the issues and struggles he faced by being a part of the African-American community.
- He met the rapper Drake on December 6, 2018.
- He wrote a song titled Elevate for the animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse that was released on December 14, 2018.
Featured Image by YBN Cordae / Instagram