|Nehal Wadhera Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 4, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nehal Wadhera is an Indian cricketer who is known for playing for the Punjab cricket team in domestic cricket. He had previously represented the Indian under-19 cricket team.
Nehal, new-age Yuvraj Singh
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
As a child, Nehal was coached by Charanjit Bhangu. Later, he was coached by Harjinder Singh. Nehal trained at the Ludhiana District Cricket Association and graduated from Satish Chander Dhawan Government College.
- Father – Kamal Wadhera
- Mother – Gurpreet Wadhera
- Siblings – Rhythm Wadhera (Older Sister)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- He sports a brushed-up hairstyle.
Nehal Wadhera Facts
- Wadhera was 9 years old when he started to take an interest in playing cricket.
- At the beginning of his career, Nehal would focus on being a specialist batsman and would also put in long hours to work on his fitness.
- Nehal is often referred to by his nickname “new-age Yuvraj Singh” for his style of playing middle-order and also for his similarity in batting style.
- It was his childhood coach Charanjit Bhangu who suggested he take up cricket professionally.
- He was raised in Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Nehal is a top-order batter.
- The earliest post that Nehal uploaded to his Instagram account was on January 1, 2017.
- He played for the Punjab cricket team under-16 and under-19 teams at the Vijay Merchant Trophy and Cooch Behar Trophy from 2015 to 2018. He finished with 529 runs in the 2017–18 season.
- Nehal played his under-19 debut for India on July 17, 2018. It was against Sri Lanka in a four-day match.
- He was named in the Punjab’s squad for the 2020–21 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in December 2020.
- Nehal was bought by the Mumbai Indians in December 2022, at a price of ₹20 lakhs, to play for them in the Indian Premier League. He is the third player to be chosen from the Ludhiana district to be chosen for an IPL call-up.
- He was chosen to be part of the Punjab cricket team in the 2022–23 Ranji Trophy.
- On January 3, 2023, Nehal was chosen to play his first-class debut. Later, on April 2, 2023, Nehal played for the Mumbai Indians against Royal Challengers Bangalore in the 2023 Indian Premier League.
Featured Image By Nehal Wadhera / Instagram