|Infanta Sofía of Spain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 29, 2007|
Infanta Sofía of Spain is the 2nd daughter of King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain. She is 2nd in the line of succession after her older sister Leonor, Princess of Asturias, who became the heir presumptive to the Spanish throne in June 2014.
Sofía de Todos Los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz
Infanta Sofía of Spain
Ruber International Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Prince’s Pavilion, Madrid, Spain
Sofía has done her schooling from Santa María de los Rosales located in Madrid, much like her father and older sister.
Member of the Spanish Royal Family
- Father – Felipe VI of Spain (King of Spain)
- Mother – Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano (Queen Consort of Spain)
- Siblings – Leonor, Princess of Asturias (Older Sister) (Heir Presumptive to the throne of Spain)
- Others – Juan Carlos I (Paternal Grandfather) (Former King of Spain), Queen Sofía of Spain (Paternal Grandmother) (Former Queen Consort of Spain), Jesús José Ortiz Álvarez (Maternal Grandfather) (Journalist), María de la Paloma Rocasolano Rodríguez (Nurse) (Maternal Grandmother), Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo (Paternal Aunt), Infanta Cristina of Spain (Paternal Aunt)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Hispanic and White)
She has Spanish and Greek ancestry on her father’s side and is of French, Spanish, and Catalan descent on her mother’s side.
Infanta Sofía of Spain Facts
- Her parents named her after Queen Sofía, her paternal grandmother. The suffix ‘de Todos los Santos’ (of All the Saints) was added to her name during her christening as per Bourbon traditions.
- After birth, her umbilical cord stem cells were preserved in a private bank in Belgium and a public bank in Spain.
- Infanta Sofía shares her birthday with famous Hollywood celebrities like Uma Thurman, Jerry Seinfeld, Daniel Day-Lewis, etc.
Featured Image by Newmyroyals.com / Pinterest