|Michael Cera Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1988|
Michael Cera is a Canadian actor, producer, singer, songwriter, and musician best known for portraying the character of George Michael Bluth on the sitcom Arrested Development, Evan in Superbad, and Scott Pilgrim in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. As a singer, he released his debut album titled True That in August 2014.
Michael Austin Cera
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Michael divides his time between Los Angeles and Brampton.
Till the 9th grade, Michael attended 3 different schools including Conestoga Public School, Robert H. Lagerquist Senior Public School, and Heart Lake Secondary School. He later completed his education through online school.
Actor, Producer, Singer, Songwriter, Musician
- Father – Luigi Cera
- Mother – Linda Cera
- Siblings – Jordan Cera (Older Sister), Molly Cera (Younger Sister)
Michael is represented by Amanda Rosenthal Talent Agency, Inc.
Lo-fi, Indie Folk
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Keyboard, Bass, Drums, Percussion
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Alia Shawkat (2003) – Michael was in a relationship with American actress Alia Shawkat in 2003. They met on the set of Arrested Development.
- Aubrey Plaza – Michael dated his Scott Pilgrim vs. the World co-star Aubrey sometime after the film was shot. Their relationship was revealed when Aubrey revealed it on RuPaul and Michelle Visage’s podcast “What’s the Tee?” in 2018. She said that they dated for one and a half years and the couple took a road trip to Vegas where they almost got married.
- Nadine (2014-Present) – Michael has been in a long-term relationship with Nadine and the couple is said to have started dating sometime in 2014. In 2018, rumors started that the couple had tied the knot secretly as reported by Daily Mail. In March 2018, the couple was spotted wearing wedding rings.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Sicilian ancestry on his father’s side and has Irish, Dutch, Scottish, and English ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Wide expressive eyes
- Curly hair
Michael has appeared in the commercials of brands like –
- Ford Focus (Radio commercial)
- Tim Hortons
Best Known For
Portraying the character of George Michael Bluth on the sitcom Arrested Development (2003–2006, 2013, 2018), Evan in Superbad (2007), Paulie Bleeker in Juno (2007), Scott Pilgrim in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010), and as a fictional version of himself in This Is the End (2013)
Michael’s first studio album was True That which released on August 8, 2014. The album was released via Bandcamp.
He made his theatrical film debut in Steal This Movie in 2000.
First TV Show
Michael made his first TV show appearance in My Best Friend Is an Alien as Larrabe Hicks in July 1999.
As per an article in 2010, Michael, while preparing for the film Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, got his training from Jackie Chan’s fight school. The workout routine included 2 hours of fitness training exercise at 8 in the morning with a fight instructor, Pilates exercise, and a lot of push-up exercises.
Michael also plays tennis in his spare time. In fact, he is a member of The Interstate 5 Tennis Association.
Michael Cera Favorite Things
- TV Shows – The Office, Family Guy, Wheel of Fortune
Source – National Post
Michael Cera Facts
- When he was 3, Michael suffered from chicken pox and while he was at home resting, he watched the 1984 American science fiction fantasy comedy film Ghostbusters again and again and memorized all the dialogues.
- He developed an interest in acting at the age of 3 after watching Ghostbusters.
- One of his childhood idols was Bill Murray.
- He started acting in commercials at the age of 8 and his first commercial for Tim Hortons summer camp was unpaid.
- Michael auditioned for almost 200 commercials but was not cast which disheartened him greatly.
- He had also auditioned for the main lead Cole Sear of the 1999 supernatural horror film The Sixth Sense. The role went to Haley Joel Osment.
- In 1999, he got a chance to play Larrabe Hicks in the Canadian children’s show I Was a Sixth Grade Alien and the show ran for 2 seasons, kick-starting his television career.
- In 2002, he played the character of young Chuck Barris (played by Sam Rockwell), the main lead of the film Confessions of a Dangerous Mind directed by George Clooney.
- His first major role came in 2003 when he played George Michael Bluth in Arrested Development, a critically acclaimed comedy series.
- Michael has mostly played naive and nerdy characters who are soft-spoken and sensitive.
- Apart from English, he is also fluent in Italian.
- He was placed on the first spot on ’30 Under 30′ actors’ list by the Entertainment Weekly in 2008.
- He once stated that people often confuse him with actor Jesse Eisenberg.
- Visit his official website @ michaelceramusic.bandcamp.com.
- Michael is very secretive about his private life and does not have any official social media account.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0