|Irena Drezi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Irena Drezi is an Irish plus-sized model, best known for being featured in an Instagram post by the brand PrettyLittleThing on June 17, 2019, which was unedited and showed the “real her”. The post had received an extremely high amount of likes, more than 100k, and also thousands of positive comments for the lack of face tuning and airbrushing. Receiving different types of praise, positivity, and encouragement after being judged and doubted for her desire to be a model at an unconventional size, made Irena cry.
Not too long after, Irena’s Instagram fanbase had reached a number of more than 150k followers, most of which were girls who were insecure about their own bodies and afraid they weren’t as perfect as top-models on social media. A lot of them have finally gained the courage to let go of the worry and accept their “imperfections” as they are, and soon after, decided to send Irena a DM thanking her for being the main motivation. Irena was also on the front cover of U Magazine in the past.
Irena Drezi was born in 1996.
Prague, Czech Republic
Irena attended both the elementary and secondary school in Ireland after emigrating from the Czech Republic. She later became a business and law student, but ultimately dropped out to become a full-time model.
Irena Drezi is represented by –
- IMM Curve Agency Group (Talent Agent) in London, England, United Kingdom
- Scout Cast Produce Management (Manager) in London, England, United Kingdom
- Burrell Marketing & Publicity (Publicist) in Dublin, Ireland
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Czech descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Blonde’, ‘Light Brown’, ‘Dark Brown’, ‘Pink’, and ‘Silver’ in the past.
- Fuller lips
- Thick eyebrows
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Irena Drezi has endorsed brands such as –
- Dripping Gold
- FashionNova/FashionNova Curve
- The Address At Dublin Hotel
- LullaBellz UK
- Missy Empire
- The Curv
- GENUINE COCONUT
- The Spoilt B*tch Club
- SIMMI Shoes
- Nasty Gal
- Dark Way Tattoo
- Fun City Tattoo
Best Known For
- Coming to prominence in June 2019 after the publication of her unedited bikini modeling photos for PrettyLittleThing brand
- Having a social media fanbase with more than 200k followers on Instagram
In secondary school, Irena struggled with an eating disorder called Body Dysmorphic Disorder, which lasted for about 4 years. She barely went outside, and always wore baggy clothes to try and hide her body. That anxiety led her to lose weight and drop to the size 8-10 but she later gained the weight back to be a size 18 at her peak. Irena thinks that the lack of diversity in the modeling industry ruined her perception.
At the age of 12, she thought that Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss were beautiful, but models with their body shape were everywhere and made her think that she had to look like that to succeed. At a later point in life, Irena started trying not to compare herself to others, because she found it was what ruined people’s confidence because no person is the same. She feels most comfortable with her body in-between sizes 14 and 16.
Irena Drezi Favorite Things
- Hobby – Drawing
- Animal – Dog
- Modeling Inspiration – Ashley Graham
- Color – Black
- Rap Group – Jagged Edge
- Rapper – Kanye West
- Singer – Shawn Mendes
- Song (To Sunbathe To) – Waves by Mr. Probz
- City – London, England, United Kingdom
- Quote – “Everything happens for a reason.”
Irena Drezi Facts
- Irena and her parents moved from the Czech Republic to Ireland in 2000, when she was 4 years old.
- She didn’t speak a lick of English, so she was scared the whole family would be deported. Luckily, her dad was fluent in English, and the Irish airport officials decided to help them by sending them to the refugee center in Dublin for a few days.
- After a few days passed, Irena and her family were moved to a refugee camp based in Athlone, County Westmeath, Ireland. Even though it looked like a concentration camp while driving there, she spent the next 2 years there happy and made many friends.
- She used to feel slightly embarrassed answering the question: “Where are you from?” from teachers and other kids at the school. Irena later stated that Ireland is her home, even though she was born in the city of Prague in the Czech Republic.
- Irena went from not speaking English to speaking 6 languages because she befriended children of various nationalities at the camp.
- It took her 6 years of trying to be able to do modeling full-time. In that time, she cleaned toilets, scrubbed floors, and was a waitress, and a shop assistant.
- Irena was initially signed with NotAnother Agency in Ireland at the beginning of her modeling career, before signing with IMM Curve Agency in the United Kingdom.
- Her 1st ever magazine feature was in September 2017, when she was a part of the story done by Body Talk column about body positivity with 3 other models.
- She has multiple small tattoos, one on the inside of her lips, one located on the pinky of the left hand with a number “96”, as well as one on her left hip.
- Some of her fans speculated whether she was of Spanish descent because she has a dark tan most of the time.
- Irena cosplayed Lara Croft from the Tomb Raider movie franchise, played by Angelina Jolie and Alicia Vikander, for Halloween in 2017.
- She doesn’t like when people state that she has a “real” body because, for her, the real body can be any size, from extremely slim to large.
- Irena absolutely loves guys that can sing. She also admitted to having high standards and being picky. She also never knew how being in love felt, and thinks it’s “highly possible” that she’ll stay single for the rest of her life.
- Irena adores mixed-racial people, and thinks they’re humans who possess combined features of 2 races that make them “insanely unique.”
- Irena has jokingly stated that if a friend who you ask to take a picture of you doesn’t take at least 10, you should “drop them”.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Irena Drezi / Instagram