|Irene Aldana Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 26, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Irene Aldana is a Mexican professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the bantamweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2016. As of February 2021, she was ranked number 4 in the UFC bantamweight rankings. As of September 2021, she had the 2nd best takedown defense in UFC history (93.5%). Before joining UFC in 2016, she had put together a win-loss record of 7-2, competing in promotions such as GEX, Xtreme Kombat, Jungle Fight, and Invicta FC.
Irene Robles Aldana
Culiacán, Sinaloa, Mexico
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Irene had graduated from college with a degree in graphic design.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
She is represented by Ricardo ‘Donald’ Margut, Manager and Booking Agent, Margut Booking & PR, Talent Management Agency, Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl, State of Mexico, Mexico.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Mexican descent.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
Irene Aldana Facts
- Irene, during her stint at college, had developed an interest in mixed martial arts and had started training at a local gymnasium.
- After amassing a 3-0 win-loss record with GEX and Xtreme Kombat, between October 2012 and October 2013, she had signed up with the Brazilian mixed martial arts promotion Jungle Fight. In her only bout there, she had faced off against Larissa Pacheco for the vacant JF Women’s Bantamweight Championship at JF: Jungle Fight 63 on December 21, 2013. She had lost the title fight via TKO in the 3rd-round.
- Thereafter, she had signed up with Invicta FC, an American professional mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion dedicated to women’s mixed martial arts, in mid-2014. Between September 2014 and September 2016, she had won 4 out of her 5 bouts there before signing a contract with UFC later that year.
- In December 2016, at UFC on Fox 22, she had lost her debut UFC bout by unanimous decision. Despite this, she had won her first ‘Fight of the Night’ bonus award. In August 2018, at UFC 227, she was scheduled to face Bethe Correia. However, her opponent was changed after Bethe had withdrawn due to injury. She had won a close fight via split decision and had won another ‘Fight of the Night’ bonus award.
- Her bout with Bethe was rescheduled for UFC 237, in May 2019. At the weigh-ins, Bethe had weighed in at 141 lbs, which was 5 pounds over the bantamweight limit of 136 lbs. She was fined 30% of her fight purse which went to Irene and the bout had proceeded at catchweight. Irene had won the fight via submission in the 3rd round.
- In September 2019, at UFC on ESPN+ 17, she was scheduled to face Marion Reneau. Marion had pulled out of the bout for undisclosed reasons. after which she was replaced by promotional newcomer Vanessa Melo. At the weigh-ins, Vanessa had weighed in at 140 lbs, which was 4 pounds over the bantamweight non-title fight limit of 136 lbs. She was fined 30% of her fight purse which went to Irene and the bout had proceeded at catchweight. Irene had won the fight via unanimous decision.
Featured Image by Irene Aldana / Instagram