|Dianne Wiest Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1948|
Dianne Wiest is an Oscar-winning American actress who has given stellar performances in films like Hannah and Her Sisters (1986), Bullets over Broadway (1994), Footloose (1984), The Lost Boys (1987), Edward Scissorhands (1990), The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985), Synecdoche, New York (2008), etc.
Dianne Evelyn Wiest
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Dianne attended the Nurnberg American High School. She earned a degree in Arts and Sciences from the University of Maryland in 1969.
- Father – Bernard Wiest (Psychiatric Social Worker, College Dean)
- Mother – Anne Keddie (Nurse)
- Siblings – Greg Wiest (Brother), Don Wiest (Brother)
Dianne’s net worth was $500,000 according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dianne Wiest has dated –
- Sam Cohn – During the 1980s, the Life in Pieces actress was in a relationship with talent agent Sam Cohn for nearly 3 years.
- She has adopted 2 daughters named Emily Wiest and Lily Wiest.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side and is of German, Croatian, and Italian descent on her father’s side.
Dianne Wiest Facts
- She bears a striking resemblance to another Oscar-winning actress, Renee Zellweger.
- Her last name is pronounced as ‘Wee-st’.
- She won both of her ‘Best Supporting Actress’ Oscars for Hannah and Her Sisters in 1987 and Bullets Over Broadway in 1995 under the direction of Woody Allen.
- Hollywood heartthrob Brad Pitt named Wiest as his all-time favorite actress.
- She appeared as District Attorney Nora Lewin in 3 different television series: Law & Order (2000-2002), Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2001-2002), and Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001).
Featured Image by MC1 Chad J. McNeeley, U.S. Navy / Wikimedia / Public Domain