|Irene Bedard Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1967|
Irene Bedard is an American actress, voiceover artist, and producer who is known for having been cast in many Native American characters in several films. Apart from that, some of her TV roles include Kimi Lucero in The Mist, Margaret Light Shines in Into the West, and General Miriam Redwing in Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles.
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Irene Bedard got enrolled at the University of the Arts, a university of visual and performing arts, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and studied Musical Theatre.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer
- Father – Bruce Bedard
- Mother – Carol Bedard
- Others – Joseph Dennis Bedard (Paternal Grandfather), Alfreda J. Turcotte (Paternal Grandmother), Charles Turcotte (Paternal Great Grandfather), Lecarde/Leccadie/Locadie M. (Paternal Great Grandmother), Gabriel Okitkon (Maternal Grandfather), Okitkon (Maternal Great Grandfather), Sogirok (Maternal Great Grandmother), Elsie Otton (Maternal Grandmother), Sookiayak/Shokayak “Billy” Otton (Maternal Great Grandfather), Hilma Asicksik (Maternal Great Grandmother), Alia Davis (Niece)
Irene Bedard is represented by Don Buchwald & Associates L.A., Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 0½ in or 153.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Irene Bedard has dated –
- Deni Wilson (1993-2012) – She got married to Deni Wilson, a singer, in 1993 and the duo parent a son named Quinn Wilson who was born in 2003. However, the marriage was not a happy one and in November 2010, Irene Bedard revealed that she was being s*xually and physically abused by Wilson throughout their marriage. He used to even take away her earnings and restrict her from doing projects unless he approved of them. It all resulted in the couple’s divorce in 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
Irene Bedard is of French-Canadian descent on her father’s side and has Inupiaq Inuit ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Deep-set eyes
- Petite stature
Irene Bedard Facts
- She spent her childhood years in Anchorage, Alaska.
- Her Eskimo name is Goodiarook which translates to “someone who dropped”.
- Irene Bedard made her theatrical film debut by playing the role of Nakooma in the Canadian-American period adventure drama film, Squanto: A Warrior’s Tale, in 1994.
- In 1995, she was included in the “50 Most Beautiful People” list curated by People magazine.
- Irene Bedard starred as Mary Crow Dog in the original drama movie, Lakota Woman: Siege at Wounded Knee, in 1994 and won a Golden Globe nomination in the “Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for TV” category.
- She provided vocals to the character of Pocahontas in the video game, titled Animated Storybook: Pocahontas, in 1995.
- Irene Bedard served as the physical model for the Pocahontas character in the Disney films.
- In 2004, she was honored with an American Indian LA Film and TV Award for “Best Lead Actress in a Feature Film” for her role in the film, Greasewood Flat.
- For her role as Margaret Light Shines in the miniseries Into the West, Irene Bedard won a NAMIC Vision Award for “Best Dramatic Performance” in 2006.
Featured Image by Irene Bedard / Instagram