|Iris Mittenaere Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 25, 1993|
Iris Mittenaere is a French model and television presenter known for having won the Miss Universe pageant in 2016. She has done endorsement work for various brands like de GRISOGONO, Magnum, and has done activism work for organizations like Smile Train. Iris has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 500k followers on Facebook.
Iris Mittenaere went to a school in Steenvoorde and graduated with a degree in science from lycée. She later got enrolled at the Lille 2 University of Health and Law to study dentistry.
Model, Television Presenter, Beauty Pageant Titleholder
- Father – Yves Mittenaere (Professor of Geography and History)
- Mother – Laurence Druart (School Teacher and Lecturer)
- Siblings – She has a half-sister, sister, and a brother.
- Others – Johnny Mittenaere (Paternal Grandfather), Christiane Canivet (Paternal Grandmother)
Iris Mittenaere is represented by Talent Lab Paris.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Iris Mittenaere has dated –
- Matthieu Declercq (2016-Present) – The reports of Iris dating dentist Matthieu Declercq first started filtering in towards the last months of 2016. She eventually made their relationship public during her trip to the Philippines in January 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She has French and Flemish ancestry.
- High cheekbones
- Hazel eyes
Iris Mittenaere has used her social media reach to promote a couple of products and brands such as –
- Elisabetta Franchi
- de GRISOGONO
- Blush Dream Magazine
- Smile Train
She has also been featured in a commercial for YOU C1000.
Best Known For
- Being crowned as Miss Universe in 2016 in the Philippines. She was the 2nd contestant from France to have won the prestigious title.
- Her strong presence on various social media platforms. She has more than 2 million followers on her official Instagram account.
First TV Show
In 2015, Iris Mittenaere made her first TV show appearance on Élection de Miss France.
Iris Mittenaere tries to regularly hit the gym to keep herself in the perfect shape. But, due to her busy schedule, she finds it hard to sustain a regular routine and tries to hit the gym at least twice a week. Sometimes, she is able to increase the frequency to three times a week.
She usually has a personal trainer to guide her through her workout regime. If she is on her own, she usually runs and adds a couple of core exercises and lots of squats to her regime. She starts her core work with a plank and follows it up with side planks. She ends it with as many as crunches she can do while listening to her favorite song.
If she is traveling, she tries to squeeze in a workout before she goes to sleep. She usually works out for 10 minutes. One day she focuses on her midsection and the next day she works her lower body.
Her typical diet plan is as follow –
- Breakfast – Oats with milk and banana. She sometimes adds egg whites to her breakfast.
- Lunch – Pasta with avocado, tomatoes, and chicken
- Dinner – Bread with soup
Iris Mittenaere Favorite Things
- French Dish – Snails with burgundy sauce with garlic and herbs
- Beauty Product – Guinot Mirific Oil
Source – MissUniverse.com, New Beauty
Iris Mittenaere Facts
- She has done charity and activism work for Smile Train, which is a non-profit organization that runs multiple programs in underprivileged countries focused on cleft repair surgeries.
- During her reign as Miss Universe, she worked to support the Bienvenue-Tongasoa orphanage.
- She was selected as a co-president of the jury with Jean-Paul Gaultier at the 2018 Miss France beauty pageant.
Featured Image by Seblinux 89 / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0