|Ivory Aquino Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ivory Aquino is a Filipina-American actress who rose to fame with her portrayal of transgender activist Cecilia Chung in the miniseries When We Rise in 2017. Aside from that, she has been cast in various other films and shows that include Lapsis (2020), Lingua Franca (2019), and When We Rise (2017).
New York City, New York, United States
Ivory attended the Berklee College of Music, from where she completed her studies there with summa cum laude.
- Others – Corazon Aquino (Former President of the Philippines) (Aunt)
Ivory is represented by A3 Artists Agency and Industry Entertainment.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Filipino ancestry.
- Thick eyebrows
- Thin lips
Ivory Aquino Facts
- Aquino was very young when she came to know that she was transgender. Though her parents were supportive of her transition from male to female, Ivory was bullied by her peers at school.
- Ivory had initially chosen to pursue a career in music as she thought that being transgender would not help her chase her passion for acting.
- She once revealed in an interview with People magazine that she had moved to the United States during her teenage years.
- At the age of 26, Ivory underwent gender confirmation surgery.
- Initially, she had started off as a stage actress. One of her most prominent works was that of the character of Juliet in The Drilling Company’s Romeo and Juliet for Bryant Park Shakespeare in New York City in 2015. Some of the other plays that she was featured in were Desdemona in Othello, Mark Antony in Julius Caesar, and Isabella in Measure for Measure.
- Ivory got her first break with her role as transgender activist Cecilia Chung in the docudrama series When We Rise in 2007.
- She has a Shih Tzu dog named Chewybear.
- Ivory made her debut feature film appearance as Lea in The Fever and the Fret in 2018.
- The earliest post that Ivory uploaded to her Instagram account was on November 26, 2012.
- It was announced in January 2022 that Ivory had been cast as the fictional character Alysia Yeoh in DC Comics’ superhero film Batgirl.
- She is an activist and advocate for the transgender community and even criticized former President Donald Trump‘s administration’s overturn of federal protections for transgender students.
- Her film and television credits include Blue Bloods, FBI: Most Wanted, Lingua Franca, and Tales of the City.
Featured Image By Ivory Aquino / Instagram