IZ*ONE was a South Korean-Japanese girl group that was formed through Mnet’s reality survival show Produce 48. The top 12 finalists were made into a group and made their official debut in October 2018, with the release of their first extended play titled Color*Iz. Some of their popular songs include La Vie en Rose, O’ My!, Suki to Iwasetai, Memory, and many more.
- Kwon Eun-bi – Vocals, Guitar
- Sakura Miyawaki – Vocals
- Kang Hye-won – Vocals, Piano, Guitar
- Choi Ye-na – Vocals
- Lee Chae-yeon – Vocals
- Kim Chae-won – Vocals
- Kim Min-joo – Vocals, Guitar
- Nako Yabuki – Vocals
- Hitomi Honda – Vocals
- Jo Yu-ri – Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Drums
- Ahn Yu-jin – Vocals
- Jang Won-young – Vocals
Seoul, South Korea
- Off the Record
- AKS Co., Ltd.
April 29, 2021
The group released its first EP titled Color*Iz on October 29, 2018. The album was a success and peaked at the number 1 spot on The Oricon Albums Chart (Japan), number 2 on Gaon Album Chart (South Korea), number 3 on Billboard JAPAN, and number 9 on The Billboard charts (United States).
- The group was formed through South Korean pay television music channel Mnet’s reality competition show, Produce 48.
- Out of 96 contestants, the top 12 finalists were chosen via an audience poll.
- As of 2018, the group consisted of 12 members.
- The ‘IZ’ in the name is the word representation of the number 12 which is the number of members and ‘ONE’ represents the band as a whole.
- The name of the group was suggested by fans on the official website of the show Produce 48.
- Their first EP sold more than 34,000 units on the first day of its release.
- The lead single La Vie en Rose of their EP was viewed more than 4.5 million times on YouTube within 24 hours of its release, that made it the most-watched debut music video by any Korean group in 24 hours.
- Just 10 days after their official debut, on November 8, 2018, the group became the first girl group to receive the fastest music program win by winning for La Vie en Rose on M Countdown.
- In April 2021, the group disbanded after the end of their contract. Overall, they released 2 studio albums (1 Korean and 1 Japanese) and 7 extended plays (4 in Korean and 3 in Japanese). In June 2021, it was reported that negotiations were underway to relaunch the girl group. However, in July 2021, it was confirmed that the group’s re-debut had been cancelled.
- Visit the band’s official website @ iz-one.co.kr.
Featured Image by News star / YouTube / CC BY-3.0