|Jack Black Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1969|
Jack Black is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, musician, record producer, YouTuber, writer, singer, and songwriter. He is known for playing Dewey Finn in the comedy film School of Rock, Barry in the romantic comedy-drama film High Fidelity, Carl Denham in the epic adventure monster film King Kong, Ignacio/Nacho in the sports comedy-drama film Nacho Libre, Bernie Tiede in the biographical black comedy crime film Bernie, Professor Sheldon “Shelly” Oberon in the fantasy adventure comedy film Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, Lemuel Gulliver in the fantasy adventure comedy film Gulliver’s Travels, Hal Larson in the comedy film Shallow Hal, Nick Vanderpark in the dark comedy film Envy, Jonathan Barnavelt in the fantasy comedy film The House with a Clock in Its Walls, Po (voice) in the animated Kung Fu Panda films, and Lance Brumder in the comedy film Orange County. Alongside Kyle Gass, he has also been one-half of the comedy rock duo Tenacious D, which has released albums like The Pick of Destiny, Tenacious D, Post-Apocalypto, and Rize of the Fenix.
Thomas Jacob Black
Jack, JB, Jables, Tenac, Jablinski
Santa Monica, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jack Black went to Poseidon School in Los Angeles, California.
Subsequently, he went to Crossroads School in Santa Monica where he did really well in drama.
Finally, he was enrolled in UCLA but dropped out in his sophomore year to focus on his acting career.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian, Record Producer, Musician, Singer, Songwriter, YouTuber, Writer
- Father – Thomas William Black (Satellite Engineer)
- Mother – Judith Love (née Cohen) (Satellite Engineer, Writer)
- Siblings – He is the only biological child of his parents. Due to his parents’ earlier marriages, he has 4 older half-siblings (including Rachel (Lesbian Older Sister), Howard (Gay Older Brother) (Died at the age of 31))
- Others – Thomas Walter Black (Paternal Grandfather), Gladys Rose Zachman (Paternal Grandmother), Morris Bernard Cohen (Maternal Grandfather), Sarah Roisman (Maternal Grandmother)
As a part of the band Tenacious D, he has been signed with Like Management.
Jack has also been signed with –
- The Spanky Taylor Company, Burbank, California, United States
- MAO Syndication
- Kovert Creative, Public Relations Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States
Comedy rock, acoustic rock, heavy metal, hard rock
Vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion
Being a part of the band Tenacious D, he is signed with Epic / SME, Columbia / SME, Helicon Records.
His net worth had been $50 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
111 kg or 245 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack Black has dated –
- Kathy Griffin – Actor and comedian Kathy Griffin had a brief relationship with Jack Black. Kathy, who is about 9 years his senior revealed that Jack wasn’t the most charming boyfriend.
- Laura Kightlinger (1997-2005) – From 1997 to 2005, he was romantically linked with actor and comedian Laura Kightlinger.
- Tanya Haden (2005-Present) – Artist and singer, Tanya Haden and Jack Black had met as teens while they were in Crossroads School in Santa Monica. But, they started dating in 2005 (after they met again after 15 years at a birthday party of a friend) as soon as he split with Laura. He even engaged with Tanya in January 2006. Tanya was proposed by Black on the occasion of Christmas in 2005. They married on March 14, 2006, in Big Sur, California. The couple has two children together, sons Samuel Jason “Sammy” Black (b. June 10, 2006) and Thomas David Black (b. May 23, 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
Jack Black is of German, Northern Irish, Scottish, English, French, and Welsh descent on his father’s side and has Ashkenazi Jewish roots on his maternal side.
- An actor with a bulging tummy having a rotund look
- Stocky frame
- Expressive eyebrows
He has appeared in numerous commercials. The first one was in 1982 in Activision game Pitfall!
In October 2015, he was seen with George Clooney in a Nespresso commercial.
In 2012, he endorsed Barack Obama‘s re-election campaign.
He follows his mom’s religion, Judaism. Though, his dad also converted to Judaism.
Though, before welcoming his children in 2006 and 2008, he used to describe himself as an atheist.
Best Known For
Playing Barry in the 2000 comedy-drama film High Fidelity, as Dewey Finn in the 2003 musical comedy film School of Rock, as Nacho in the 2006 comedy film Nacho Libre, and for voicing the role of Po in the Kung Fu Panda film series.
As a part of the band Tenacious D, he released his debut album entitled Tenacious D on September 25, 2001, via Epic Records.
The album which consists of 21 songs in the standard version of the album was just over 50 minutes long and received positive reviews (about 4.5 stars of out 5 by Allmusic).
It charted at #16 on Australian music charts and got certified as Platinum in the US, 2x Platinum in the UK, etc.
In 1991, he appeared in a family drama film titled Our Shining Moment for his role as a teenage boy. It was a TV film.
His first feature film was the 1992 satirical mockumentary film Bob Roberts for his role as Roger Davis.
First TV Show
In 1993, Jack played the role as a taxi driver in the CBS sitcom The Golden Palace in an episode entitled “Seems Like Old Times: Part 2.”
In 2011, he was pictured coming out of the Equinox gym in West Hollywood where he was holding a shake/smoothie (looked like a protein shake).
Later, in September 2015, it was revealed via Atlanta Journal Constitution that he walks everywhere which is his best workout.
Jack Black Favorite Things
- KISS Song – I Love it Loud (released in 1982)
- Movie Role – Po in Kung Fu Panda
Jack Black Facts
- Jack’s parents split when he was 10 years old. He used to live with his dad in Culver City.
- In 1994, he formed a comedic rock group called Tenacious D with musician friend Kyle Gass. Jack is the lead vocalist of the group. The band uses a musical toy saxophone which is called a Sax-A-Boom.
- As per Jack, his last name may have come from the occupational name of blacksmith.
- He has voiced the role in several video games such as Broken Age in 2014, Brütal Legend in 2009, and Peter Jackson‘s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie in 2005.
- He had his gall bladder removed in the past.
- He is very close friends with musician Dave Grohl and good friends with Cesar Gonzalez, Tim Robbins, and Will Smith.
- His mom has worked on Hubble Space Telescope.
- In the 2002 film Red Dragon, he was first considered for the role of Freddy Lounds, which was finally played by Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- He was named clown by the band Bowling for Soup in their song “High School Never Ends.”
- In June 2022, Jack was honored with the “Comedic Genius Award” at the 2022 MTV Movie & TV Awards.