|Jack Black Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1969|
Thomas Jacob Black
Jack, JB, Jables, Tenac
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
Jack Black went to Poseidon School in Los Angeles, California.
Subsequently, he went to Crossroads School in Santa Monica where he did really well in drama.
Finally, he was enrolled in to UCLA but dropped out in his sophomore year to focus on his acting career.
Actor, comedian, record producer, singer
- Father – Thomas William Black (Satellite Engineer)
- Mother – Judith Love (née Cohen) (Satellite Engineer, Writer)
- Siblings – He is the only biological child of his parents. Due to his parents’ earlier marriages, he has 4 older half-siblings – Rachel (Lesbian Older Sister), Howard (Gay Older Brother).
The names of the other two siblings are not known.
Howard died at the age of 31.
As a part of the band Tenacious D, he is signed with Like Management.
Jack is also signed with
- The Spanky Taylor Company
- MAO Syndication
Comedy rock, acoustic rock, heavy metal, hard rock
Vocals, keyboards, guitar, percussion
Being a part of the band Tenacious D, he is signed with Epic / SME, Columbia / SME, Helicon Records.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
111 kg or 245 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jack Black dated –
- Kathy Griffin – Actress and comedian Kathy Griffin had a brief relationship with Jack Black. Kathy, who is about 9 years his senior revealed that Jack wasn’t the most charming boyfriend.
- Laura Kightlinger (1997-2005) – From 1997 to 2005, he was romantically linked with actress and comedian Laura Kightlinger.
- Tanya Haden (2005-Present) – Artist and singer, Tanya Haden and Jack Black had met as teens while they were in Crossroads School in Santa Monica. But, they started dating in 2005 (after they met again past 15 years at a birthday party of a friend) as soon as he split with Laura. He even engaged with Tanya in January 2006. Tanya was proposed by Black on the occasion of Christmas in 2005. They married on March 14, 2006, in Big Sur, California. The couple has two children together, sons Samuel Jason “Sammy” Black (b. June 10, 2006) and Thomas David Black (b. May 23, 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
- An actor with a bulging tummy having a rotund look
- Stocky frame
- Expressive eyebrows
He has appeared in numerous commercials. The first one being in 1982 in Activision game Pitfall!
In October 2015, he was seen with George Clooney in a Nespresso commercial.
In 2012, he endorsed Barack Obama‘s re-election campaign.
He follows his mom’s religion, Judaism. Though, his dad also converted to Judaism.
Though, before welcoming his children in 2006 and 2008, he used to describe himself an atheist.
Best Known For
Playing Barry in the 2000 comedy-drama film High Fidelity, as Dewey Finn in the 2003 musical comedy film School of Rock, as Nacho in the 2006 comedy film Nacho Libre, and for voicing the role of Po in the Kung Fu Panda film series.
As a part of the band Tenacious D, he released his debut album entitled Tenacious D on September 25, 2001 via Epic Records.
The album which consists of 21 songs in the standard version of the album was just over 50 minutes long and received positive reviews (about 4.5 stars of out 5 by Allmusic).
It charted at #16 in Australian music charts and got certified as Platinum in US, 2x Platinum in UK, etc.
In 1991, he appeared in a family drama film titled Our Shining Moment for his role as a teenage boy. It was a TV film.
His first feature film was 1992 satirical mockumentary film Bob Roberts for his role as Roger Davis.
First TV Show
In 1993, Jack played the role as a taxi driver in the CBS sitcom The Golden Palace in an episode entitled “Seems Like Old Times: Part 2.”
In 2011, he was pictured coming out of the Equinox gym in West Hollywood where he was holding a shake/smoothie (looked like a protein shake).
Later, in September 2015, it was revealed via Atlanta Journal Constitution that he walks everywhere which is his best workout.
Jack Black Favorite Things
- KISS Song – I Love it Loud (released in 1982)
- Movie Role – Po in Kung Fu Panda
Jack Black Facts
- Jack’s parents split when he was 10 years old. He used to live with his dad in Culver City.
- In 1994, he formed a comedic rock group called Tenacious D with musician friend Kyle Gass. Jack is the lead vocalist of the group. The band uses a musical toy saxophone which is called a Sax-A-Boom.
- As per Jack, his last name may have come from the occupational name of blacksmith.
- He has voiced the role in several video games such as Broken Age in 2014, Brütal Legend in 2009, and Peter Jackson‘s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie in 2005.
- He had his gall bladder removed in the past.
- He is very close friends with musician Dave Grohl and good friends with Cesar Gonzalez, Tim Robbins, and Will Smith.
- His mom has worked on Hubble Space Telescope.
- In the 2002 film Red Dragon, he was first considered for the role of Freddy Lounds, which was finally played by Philip Seymour Hoffman.
- He was named clown by the band Bowling for Soup in their song “High School Never Ends.”