|Jack Champion Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 2004|
Jack Champion is an American actor who is best known for portraying the role of Miles ‘Spider’ Socorro in Avatar: The Way of Water, a 2022 American epic science fiction film. Before this, he had played a cameo role in the 2019 superhero film titled Avengers: Endgame and the lead role of Kevin in the 2018 American comedy horror film titled The Night Sitter. Jack also played the role of Ethan Landry in Scream VI (released in March 2023), the 6th installment in the popular Scream series of slasher films (a genre of horror films involving a killer stalking and murdering people, usually with a sharp tool).
Virginia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
- Mother – Anna Champion (Microbiologist)
- Siblings – He has a younger brother.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is primarily of English descent.
- Toned physique
- Tousled, frizzy, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Jack Champion Facts
- Jack started acting in school plays when he was about 8 years old. About 3 years later, in 2015, he made his acting debut – with a minor role in American Genius, a documentary series focusing on the lives of inventors and pioneers who shaped the course of history.
- In 2017, he attended a screen test that was being conducted for the casting of Avatar: The Way of Water, the sequel to the 2009 epic science fiction film titled Avatar. After 4 months of extensive auditions, Jack was cast for the role of Miles ‘Spider’ Socorro, a human teenager living amongst the Na’vis, a fictional indigenous species that live on Pandora, the fictional habitable exomoon that serves as the key setting for the Avatar series of films.
- Due to the nature of Jack’s role in Avatar: The Way of Water, he had to film all his scenes twice – about 2 years of performance capture on a soundstage that was followed by about 2 and a half years of shooting all those scenes in live-action mode in New Zealand.
- His character also required him to sustain a muscular physique throughout shooting – because his character stays shirtless in the movie. To achieve this, he had to exercise daily with a personal trainer and ingest foods that were high in protein content.
- Jack also had to learn freediving (a form of underwater diving that relies on breath-holding until resurfacing) and scuba diving (underwater diving wherein divers use breathing equipment that is completely independent of a surface air supply) as a lot of his scenes had to be filmed underwater.
- After nearly 5 years of shooting, Avatar: The Way of Water was released in December 2022. By March 2023, the film’s gross worldwide earning was more than USD 2.296 billion – making it the 3rd highest-grossing film of all time.
- In parallel with Avatar: The Way of Water, Jack also filmed scenes for the next 2 films in the Avatar series – Avatar 3 (set for a 2024 release) and Avatar 4 (set for a 2026 release). These scenes were shot well in advance to ensure that Jack, a teenager, would not age out of his role.
Featured Image by Jack Champion / Instagram