|Jack Gleeson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1992|
Jack Gleeson is an Irish actor who is best known for starring as one of the most despised kings, Joffrey Baratheon, in the fantasy fiction series, Game of Thrones. He has also been cast in a couple of movies which include Moving Day, Reign of Fire, Tom Waits Made Me Cry, Batman Begins, Shrooms, and A Shine of Rainbows.
He attended Trinity College, Dublin where he studied Philosophy and Theology. During his younger years, he also took drama lessons.
Previously, he also studied at Gonzaga College in Dublin.
- Siblings – Rachel Gleeson (Sister) (Actress), Emma (Older Sister) (Actress)
Jack Gleeson is managed by Independent Theatre Workshop, Talent Agency, Dublin, Ireland.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
- Starring as Joffrey Baratheon in the fantasy drama series, Game of Thrones
- Having been cast in several films like Reign of Fire (2002) as Kid, Fishtale (2003) as Boy with the Fish, Tom Waits Made Me Cry (2004) as Young Vincent, Batman Begins (2005) as Little Boy, Shrooms (2007) as Lonely Twin, and A Shine of Rainbows (2009) as Seamus
He made his theatrical film debut in the post-apocalyptic fantasy movie, Reign of Fire, in 2002. However, he was not credited for his role.
He made his first credited theatrical film appearance as Little Boy in the superhero movie, Batman Begins, in 2005.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Pa Connors Jr. in the comedy series, Killinaskully, in 2006.
Jack Gleeson Favorite Things
- Villain – The HAL computer from 2001: A Space Odyssey
Source – GQ
Jack Gleeson Facts
- He grew up in Cork, Ireland.
- He began with his career as an actor at the age of 7 with Independent Theatre Workshop.
- In 2012, he was honored as a scholar at Trinity College.
- Contrary to his arrogant and cruel character on the show, his Game of Thrones co-stars described Jack as one of the nicest persons on the sets.
- His inspiration for his character in Game of Thrones was Joaquin Phoenix from the epic historical drama movie, Gladiator (2000).
- As of January 2019, he has not starred in any TV show or movie after the end of his character in Game of Thrones and has founded his own company called Collapsing Horse Theatre Company. He also works as the artistic director of the company.
- Jack Gleeson is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Jack Gleeson Fan Page / Instagram