|Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 21, 1984|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman is a Canadian actor, fashion model, voice artist, and television personality known for his roles like Jay in the Lifetime dark comedy-drama series UnREAL, Pvt. Darren Becker in the Canadian-American military science fiction television series Stargate Universe, Andre Stevens in the FX horror anthology series American Horror Story: Apocalypse, Black Panther (Voice) in the animated series Iron Man: Armored Adventures, and Charles Zeller in the family medical comedy-drama film Doogie Kameāloha, M.D. He has also been cast in movies such as Falling Inn Love, Dear Mr. Gacy, Grave Encounters 2, The Break-Up Artist, Shock to the System, The Skinny, Spiral, The Brown Bag Mystery, Love by the 10th Date, and Dirty Grandpa. In 2020, Jeffrey served as one of the main judges on the reality competition series Canada’s Drag Race.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Actor, Fashion Model, Voice Artist, Television Personality
- Siblings – Cleyon Laing (Younger Brother) (Professional Football Defensive Lineman)
Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman has been signed with –
- Innovative Artists
- Wilhelmina Models
- NEXT Model Management
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman has dated –
- Andrew Fitzsimons
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and White)
Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman is of African-Jamaican descent on his father’s side and has English ancestry on his mother’s side.
He came out publicly as gay in a 2016 interview.
He has done modeling work for the Coca-Cola 2010 Winter Olympics Campaign.
Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman Facts
- He was adopted when he was 12 days old and he uses his adoptive parents’ last names, Bowyer and Chapman, as a hyphenated last name. ‘Bowyer’ is pronounced as “beau-yer”.
- Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman grew up in Rimbey, a small “predominantly Caucasian” town with less than 2000 people, which he says people in the area refer to as “the Texas of the north.”
- He has also stated that growing up in Rimbey as a biracial gay man was akin to “a sick social experiment.” He has said that he was “exposed to a lot at a very young age and expected to be very adult in very bizarre situations.”
- Jeffrey shifted to Vancouver during his teenage years and he was 15 years old when he started traveling as a model throughout Europe, South Africa, and all across North America.
- He brought to life the character of Jay Carter, a gay producer on Everlasting who is initially one of Rachel’s only friends, in the drama series UnREAL from 2015 to 2018.
- In September 2016, he relocated to Los Angeles, California.
- Jeffrey appeared as Bradley, Shadia and Lenore’s effeminate, gay male friend, in the 2016 comedy film Dirty Grandpa, starring Robert De Niro, Zac Efron, Aubrey Plaza, and Zoey Deutch.
- He is a trained gymnast and has often performed his own stunts.
- Alongside Christina Milian and Adam Demos, Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman co-starred as Dean Conner in the romantic comedy film Falling Inn Love in 2019.
- In 2021, he appeared as Charles Zeller, one of Doogie’s colleagues at Oahu Health Medical Center, in the family medical comedy-drama series Doogie Kameāloha, M.D., developed by Kourtney Kang.
- Jeffrey has appeared as a guest judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race and RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars.
Featured Image by DVSROSS / Flickr / CC BY 2.0