|Jack Laugher Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 30, 1995|
Jack Laugher is a British diver who rose to fame after winning gold medals in the 1-meter and 3-meter diving contests at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow in 2014. He along with Chris Mears won Britain’s 1st Olympic gold medal in diving in the synchro 3m springboard event at the Summer Olympics in Rio in 2016. He also compiled numerous other titles including the “Diver of the Year” at the British Swimming Awards in 2017 and both the “Diving Athlete of the Year” and the “Overall Athlete of the Year” at the same awards in the following year.
Jack David Laugher
Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England, Great Britain
He attended Ripon Grammar School in Ripon in North Yorkshire.
- Father – David Laugher
- Mother – Jackie Laugher
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Freya Gill – He has been in a relationship with Freya Gill in the past.
- Lois Toulson (2017-Present) – He began dating Lois Toulson in early 2017 and they have been together ever since.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent.
- Cleft chin
- Mole on the left side of his neck
Jack Laugher Favorite Things
- Pastime – Gaming, Trying out different dishes, Being with dogs
- Supporter Of – Gay rights
- Advice – Everybody should feel comfortable to be gay and to be who they really are
Jack Laugher Facts
- He has stated that his surname should be pronounced as “Law”.
- Jack got interested in diving when he was 7 years of age during a family visit to Harrogate Hydro Swimming Pool when a lifeguard suggested him to take diving lessons. He started to learn the sport at the Harrogate and District Diving Club at the Hydro.
- When he was 14 years old, he broke his upper arm during a trampolining competition and had to get a metal plate inserted to support his humerus bone.
- Laugher had burst onto the international diving scene in 2010.
- He has graced the cover of Gay Times Magazine in 2013.
- He was appointed “Member of the Order of the British Empire” (MBE) in the Queen‘s New Year Honours List 2017 for his services to diving in England.
- His coach Adam Smallwood has revealed that Laugher is physically an anomaly of nature as his lower body is exceptionally strong.
Featured Image by Jack Laugher / Instagram