|Jake Bugg Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1994|
Jake Bugg is an English singer and songwriter who has released the solo studio albums Jake Bugg (2012), Shangri La (2013), On My One (2016), Hearts That Strain (2017), and Saturday Night, Sunday Morning (2021). The first of those albums had reached number one on the UK Albums chart.
Jake Edwin Charles Kennedy
Clifton, Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Jake had attended the Farnborough Spencer Academy, a coeducational secondary school in his hometown of Clifton. He was enrolled in a music technology course there but, by the age of 16, had dropped out.
- Father – David Bugg (Nurse)
- Mother – Leeysa Kennedy (Sales Agent)
- Others – Mark (Uncle), Edwin Bugg (Paternal Grandfather), Colleen Duffy (Paternal Grandmother), Charles R. Kennedy (Maternal Grandfather), Karen M. Thresher (Maternal Grandmother)
Indie Rock, Indie Folk, Folk Rock, Blues, Blues Rock, Country Rock, Americana, British Blues
- Mercury Records
- Island Records
- Virgin EMI Records
- RCA Records
Jake Bugg’s net worth had been $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jake has dated –
- Cara Delevingne (2012–2013)
- Joanna Brailsford (2013)
- Roxy Horner (2016-2019)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, Irish, and some Scottish descent.
- Slender frame
- Side-parted, disheveled hair
- Clean-shaven look
Jake Bugg Facts
- Although Jake’s parents had not pursued music as a full-time career, they had both previously made recordings. They had parted ways when he was quite young.
- He had started playing guitar at the age of 12 after he was introduced to the instrument by his uncle Mark.
- Aged just 16, he had been selected to perform on the ‘BBC Introducing’ stage at the 2011 Glastonbury Festival, an annual 5-day festival of contemporary performing arts in Pilton, Somerset, England. This was after he had submitted some material to their website. He was soon signed up by Mercury Records.
- Country Song, the 2nd single from his debut studio album Jake Bugg (2012) had been used in a national TV beer commercial for Greene King IPA, a large British pub retailer, and brewer.
- In June 2013, he had performed an afternoon set on the ‘Pyramid Stage’ at the Glastonbury Festival. This had made him the first artist ever to have moved from the ‘BBC Introducing’ stage to the main ‘Pyramid Stage’ in successive years.
- His 2nd solo studio album Shangri La was released in November 2013. The album had been named after the studio it had been recorded in.
- He is an avid soccer fan and is an ardent supporter of Notts County F.C., a professional association soccer club based in Nottingham, England, that participates in the National League, the fifth tier of the English football league system. Founded in 1862, it is among the oldest professional soccer clubs in the world.
- In June 2017, he had pledged that he would be the shirt sponsor of his favorite and local soccer team. He had taken up the November sponsorship slot in a season-long rotation. In September 2020, the club had announced that Jake would be sponsoring their away shirt during the 2020–21 season.
Featured Image by Jake Bugg / Instagram