|Jake Hager Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1982|
Jake Hager is an American professional wrestler and mixed martial artist who has competed in several promotions such as WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) (2006-2017), 5 Star Wrestling (2018), Lucha Underground (2018), Major League Wrestling (2018), and AEW (All Elite Wrestling) (2019–present). His major titles include the 5 Star Wrestling Championship, the All Star Wrestling Heavyweight Championship, the FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling) Heavyweight Championship, the Lucha Underground Championship, the WCR (World Class Revolution) Heavyweight Championship, the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, and the WWE United States Championship. Besides wrestling, he has also dabbled in mixed martial arts and had signed up with Bellator MMA in 2017, competing in the heavyweight division.
Donald Jacob Hager Jr.
Jack Swagger, Jake Hager, Jake Strong
Perry, Noble County, Oklahoma, United States
Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida, United States
Jake, after his high school graduation, had joined the University of Oklahoma as a 2-sport athlete, participating in both football and wrestling. He had graduated from there in 2006 with a bachelor’s degree in finance.
Professional Wrestler, Professional Mixed Martial Artist
6 ft 9 in or 205.5 cm
6 ft 7 in or 200.5 cm
125 kg or 275.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jake has dated –
- Catalina White (2009-Present) – Jake had started dating fellow professional wrestler Catalina White in 2009 and the couple eventually got married in December 2010. They have 2 children together – a son named Knox Stribling Hager and a daughter named Presley Pearl (b. 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a trimmed beard
Jake Hager Facts
- He had started wrestling from the age of just 5. Jake used to live just 2 blocks away from the iconic wrestler and boxer Danny Hodge in Perry, Oklahoma and had developed a great friendship with him. He even used to wrestle with Danny’s grandson at high school.
- At the University of Oklahoma, he used to play as the second-string defensive tackle behind future NFL (National Football League) players Tommie Harris and Dusty Dvoracek. It was in his sophomore year that he stopped playing football and began to focus completely on wrestling.
- In his junior year, Dusty had introduced him to Jim Ross who was working as WWE‘s ‘Head of Talent Relations’ at the time. Jim had urged Jake to contact him after his graduation to explore the possibility of a career in professional wrestling.
- In his senior year (2006), he had finished in 7th place at the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) championships, defeated future national champion Dustin Fox, and had been named an ‘All-American’. He had also set the Oklahoma record for most pins (a victory condition in several forms of wrestling) in a single season (30).
- In 2009, he was placed at number 18 in the PWI 500, an annual list of the ‘Top 500 Singles Wrestlers in the World’.
- He is the first and only wrestler in history to have won the ECW Championship, the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, and the Lucha Underground Championship. The feat cannot be repeated as Jake was the last Lucha Underground Champion in 2018 when the promotion was disbanded.
Featured Image by Jake Hager / Instagram