|Janet Mock Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||March 10, 1983|
Janet Mock is a writer, actress, television host, director, producer, and transgender rights activist. She is known for her New York Times bestseller book Redefining Realness (2014) and Surpassing Certainty (2017). As a transgender rights activist, Janet has openly shared her experiences through interviews, editorials, and her own podcast. Janet also has a huge fan base with more than 400k followers on Instagram.
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Janet Mock studied at the Governor Wallace Rider Farrington High School in Honolulu, Hawaii. Later, she attended the University of Hawaii at Manoa and obtained a Bachelors degree in Fashion Merchandising in 2004. She further acquired a Masters degree in Journalism from New York University in 2006.
Writer, Actress, Television Host, Director, Producer, Transgender Rights Activist
- Father – Charlie Mock III
- Mother – Elizabeth Mock
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
- Others – Charlie Mock, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Charlie Mock (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Veader Nelson (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Shellie Jean Gipson (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Amorin Barrett (Maternal Grandfather), Howard Roscoe Barrett (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Emily /Amalia Amorin (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Pearl Lawae Kahanoai (Maternal Grandmother), David Kahanoai (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Winifred Pomakai /Pomaikai (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Janet Mock is managed by –
- Omar Gonzales and Charlotte Hamilton, Publicists, PMK*BNC, New York City, New York, United States
- Kimberly Carver, Agent, 3Arts Entertainment, New York City, New York, United States
- Elizabeth Newman, Agent, CAA, New York City, New York, United States
- Ryan D. Harbage, Literary Agent, The Fischer-Harbage Agency, Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Janet Mock has dated –
- Aaron Tredwell (2009-Present) – In 2009, she began a steady relationship with photographer Aaron Tredwell. The couple met on the dance floor in a bar of the Lower East Side of Manhattan in 2009. In December 2014, Aaron proposed to her at their apartment and a year later, in November 2015, the couple tied the knot near Janet’s home town in Oahu, Hawaii.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American roots on her father’s side and is of Portuguese, English, and Native Hawaiian descent on her mother’s side.
She tends to highlight her hair.
- Curly hair
- High forehead
Janet Mock has either promoted or endorsed brands like –
- Forevermark USA
- NOVA OCTO
- Roland Mouret
Best Known For
- Being a transgender activist and for her numerous books which include New York Times bestseller Redefining Realness (2014) and Surpassing Certainty (2017)
First TV Show
In 2013, she made her first TV show appearance in the talk show series, Melissa Harris-Perry.
Janet Mock works out regularly with her trainer PJ at the gym for around 3-4 times a week. She does a lot of core workouts that involves pushups, squats, ropes, and jump rope. Her training requires less usage of machines, except while working on shoulders, back, and legs. Moreover, she practices beauty inside out by keeping herself hydrated, practicing yoga, joining SoulCycle, and by moisturizing and keeping her makeup brushes clean always.
Apart from drinking green juices on a daily basis, her ideal meal plan looks like the following –
- Breakfast – 2 cups of Hawaiian Isles Kona coffee, specifically Vanilla Macadamia roast, two boiled eggs, toast with almond butter, and half a grapefruit
- Snack – A handful of almonds, lightly salted popcorn with a splash of Tabasco, and a Liquiteria ‘All Greens with Apple, Lemon and Ginger’ juice
- Lunch – Westville’s chopped vegetable salad with grilled Salmon or a burger from Brindle Room
- Dinner – The Northern Spy Co. Kale Salad, Lavagna’s Zuppa di Cozze (roasted mussels in tomato and basil broth), and Bobwhite’s fried chicken and biscuit
- Dessert – Magnolia Bakery’s banana pudding
Janet Mock Favorite Things
- City For Food – East Village in New York City
- Twitter Accounts To Follow – Reina Gossett, Raquel Willis
- Instagram Accounts To Follow – The Shade Room, lovebscott
Source – TheNewPotato.com, W Magazine.com
Janet Mock Facts
- After her parents split, she and her younger brother lived with their father in Oakland, California for a while.
- At age 12, she and her brother moved back to Hawaii to live with their mother.
- Growing up, she had a friend named Wendi who supported her in her transformation.
- At age 18, Janet underwent a sex change operation in Thailand which cost her around $7000.
- Her first job was working as an editor for People Magazine.
- Her travel essentials are TravelPro carryon, Bose headsets, Ralph Lauren camel knit sweater, Chanel sneakers, Mario Badescu Rose Water facial spray, and a huge bottle of Fiji Water.
- She loves vintage and well-tailored dresses and has described her style as “fly and free”.
- Janet has written, produced, and directed the TV series, Pose.
- She has been featured in various magazines like Marie Claire, Metro Weekly, Paper, OUT, Elle, Glamour, Riposte, Elixher, and Candy.
- Visit her official website @ janetmock.com.
- Follow Janet Mock on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Janet Mock / Instagram