Jared Francis Harris
Jared is based in Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Jarred Harris went to Downside School, which is a co-educational boarding Catholic school in Somerset.
After completion of school education, he got enrolled in the Duke University in Durham, North Carolina from where he graduated with a BFA degree in 1983.
- Father – Richard Harris (Actor and Singer) (Passed away in October 2002)
- Mother – Elizabeth Rees-Williams (Actress)
- Siblings – Jamie Harris (Younger Brother) (Actor), Damian Harris (Older Brother) (Film director and screenwriter)
- Others – Ivan John Harris (Paternal Grandfather), Mildred Josephine Harty (Paternal Grandmother), David Rees-Williams (Maternal Grandfather) (Politician and 1st Baron Ogmore), Alice Alexandra Constance Wills (Maternal Grandmother)
Jared Harris is represented by
- Gateway Management Partners
- London based Independent Talent Group Ltd.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jared Harris has dated –
- Jacqueline Goldenberg – Jared Harris got married to Jacqueline Goldenberg in 1989. Their marriage didn’t last much longer and they got divorced in the early 1990s.
- Emilia Fox (2003-2010) – Jared met his second wife, actress Emilia Fox in 2003. They had been working together in the West End flop production of Les Liaisons Dangereuses. They started going shortly after. Their affair was widely discussed in the media because Emilia also came from an established and popular acting family. In July 2005, they got married in a romantic ceremony. Their marriage lasted for about three and a half years, and they officially filed for divorce in January 2009 which was finalized one and half years later in June 2010.
- Allegra Riggio (2009-Present) – Harris first met Allegra Riggio, who works as a lighting designer and TV host, in 2009 at a mutual friend’s comedy night. When they had met, neither of them was looking for a relationship as he was going through a hellish divorce and she was in a tail end of a relationship. They eventually bonded over their mutual love of karaoke. Soon after, they were heading out for romantic dates and by November, almost 7 months after their first meeting in Los Angeles based club, they had started officially dating. In June 2013, he chose romantic settings of a beach in Malibu to get down on his knee. He gave her a diamond shaped ring with ‘H’ engraved on it. In November 2013, they got married in a romantic ceremony in Miami.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Welsh, English, and Irish ancestry.
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Jared hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Lane Pryce in the period drama TV series, Mad Men.
- Having played the role of David Robert Jones on the Fox sci-fi TV series, Fringe.
- Being cast in significant roles in many popular movies such as The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Lincoln, and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
In 1989, Jared made his theatrical film debut in a supporting role in the British romantic drama, The Rachel Papers.
First TV Show
In 1995, he made his first TV show appearance in The Highest Bidder episode of police drama series, New York Undercover.
Jared Harris’s workout routine and diet plan aren’t available.
Jared Harris Favorite Things
- Soccer Club – Manchester United
Source – Independent
Jared Harris Facts
- Instead of studying in England, he decided to get enrolled in a university in North Carolina because he wanted to desperately escape England. Also, he didn’t like that his family was discussing the career of a lawyer or schoolteacher for him.
- He hadn’t shown much inclination towards becoming an actor in his early age. It was during his stint at Duke University that he was drawn towards acting.
- At the age of 13, he accompanied his brothers in appearing on his father’s album of poetry and songs I, in the membership of my days.
- After graduating from the university, he returned to London and joined the iconic Royal Shakespeare Company to kickstart his acting career.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Ibsan73 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0