|Merrick Hanna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 22, 2005|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Merrick Hanna is an American dancer and actor who shot to fame after participating in Season 12 of America’s Got Talent (2017). He gained further popularity by appearing in several other TV shows like Fox’s Dance Squad where he performed as the host, and Mani (2019-2020) in which he played the role of Goth Boy Edward. He has garnered more than 900k followers on his Instagram account.
San Diego, California, United States
- Father – Shawn Hanna
- Mother – Aletha Hanna
- Siblings – Sagan Hanna (Younger Brother)
- Others – Judith Lynne Hanna (Grandmother) (Anthropologist, Scholar, Author)
He is represented by Clear Talent Group.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
He has appeared in the commercials for various national brands including GAP Kids, H&M, and Honda.
Merrick Hanna Favorite Things
- Influence – His grandmother who has taken 4 dance classes every week when being in her 80s
- Inspiration For His Performance Style – Jabbawockeez having loved robots and seen the San Diego-born hip-hop dance crew doing animation that looked like a robot
- Days Of The Year – His birthday, Halloween when he has made superb costumes with his father along with props for a local haunted house
- Hobbies – Activities that require skill and involve a lot of care, details, and focusing for a long time such as drawing detailed robots, folding difficult origami, and building mechanisms in Minecraft
- Food – Pizza with almost any topping except bell peppers
Merrick Hanna Facts
- He began dancing after giving up playing soccer in order to be involved in something more fun as well as personal. He has stated that he has danced as he has enjoyed music and has loved to express himself through his body.
- Merrick has been a freestyle dancer who has been recognized for his “flo-bot” style of dance.
- Merrick has confessed to having been a homebody with traits of a perfectionist.
- He has disclosed that although he is an Aries, he has not thought that has fit him very well, having considered himself to have been more like a mix between Taurus and Virgo.
- He has enjoyed baking items like cookies having loved the chocolate chip variety.
- Some of his performances on America’s Got Talent were bittersweet dances about a lonely robot boy that were set to songs by Alec Benjamin, I Built a Friend and Lost Boy.
- Merrick has recalled that juggling the show America’s Got Talent and family had been a challenge for him and that he and his mother used to spend weeks at a time at a hotel in Los Angeles while the series would rehearse and tape in Pasadena. They would sometimes come home for a couple of days or so, just long enough to do laundry and some family bonding before returning again on Sunday.
- He has an amusing quirk of absentmindedly taking off one of his socks and then walking around the rest of the day wearing only the other sock.
Featured Image by Merrick Hanna / Instagram