|Jared Padalecki Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5.5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 19, 1982|
Jared Padalecki is an American actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Sam Winchester in Supernatural and Cordell Walker in Walker. Other than that, he has also appeared in numerous other TV shows and films such as New York Minute, House of Fears, House of Wax, Flight of the Phoenix, Friday the 13th, Gilmore Girls, A Ring of Endless Light, ER, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, Room 401, and many more. For his acting skills, Jared has won several awards such as the Constellation Award, People’s Choice Award, and Teen Choice Award.
Jared Tristan Padalecki
Moose, Jare, J-Rod, Sasquatch, Paddy, Stretchy, Lord, Jarhead, Jaredina
San Antonio, Texas, United States
- Ever since Jared got married in 2010, he switched homes from Studio City, LA to San Fernando Valley, LA to accommodate his growing family.
- At the expense of visiting Los Angeles frequently, he eventually decided to purchase a permanent home in Austin, Texas to raise his kids in his home state and also co-owns a local bar there called San Jac Saloon.
- Additionally, he has to live for a while in Vancouver, Canada every year as Supernatural series is filmed there.
Jared graduated from James Madison High School, San Antonio in 2000.
Early interest inclined him to take acting lessons from the age of 12.
Nevertheless, he was a brilliant student who graduated Magna cum Laude and was in the running for the Presidential Scholars Program in his graduation year which is a massive recognition bestowed by the US Department of Education.
He enrolled in the University of Texas to pursue a degree in engineering but dropped out when he bagged the part of Dean Forester in Gilmore Girls in 2000.
- Father – Gerald Padalecki (Tax Accountant)
- Mother – Sherri Padalecki née Kammer (English Teacher)
- Siblings – Jeff (Older Brother), Megan (Younger Sister) (Architect, Writer)
- Jason Heyman, Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Dan Spilo, formerly with Artistry Management (and later with Industry Entertainment)
- Michael Fuller (Attorney)
6 ft 5.5 in or 197 cm
100 kg or 220 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jared Padalecki has dated –
- Alexis Bledel (2000–2002) – In 2016, when there was a lot of anticipated talk about Gilmore Girls revival on Netflix, casting director Mara Casey revealed that Jared and Alexis secretly dated during the initial years of the show.
- Sandra McCoy (2005–2008) – Jared met Sandra on the sets of horror film Cry-Wolf (2005) and the two quickly turned into a fan-favorite real-life couple. They moved in together and Jared proposed to Sandra during their vacation in Paris. In late March 2008, they officially announced their engagement. However, it was not meant to last. In June 2008, at a Supernatural Convention in Dallas, Jared confirmed his abrupt, though amicable split from Sandra without specifying the reason behind it.
- Genevieve Cortese (2008–Present) – Jared first met actress Genevieve while filming season 4 of Supernatural when she had an 11 episode recurring role of Ruby in the series. He felt an unexpected attraction towards her as he was not looking for a relationship. He asked her out for lunch and the two started spending a lot of time together. Jared proposed marriage in the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art in October 2009 and finally married Genevieve in her hometown, Sun Valley, Idaho. The couple has three children together – sons Thomas Colton Padalecki (b. March 19, 2012) and Austin Shepherd ‘Shep’ Padalecki (b. December 2013), and daughter Odette Elliott Padalecki (b. March 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
Jared has a Polish father while his mother has German, English, Scottish and French lineage.
- Towering height
- Triangular Nose
- Signature-style Long Hair
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 45 in or 114 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
His shoe size is speculated to be 13 (US) or 12 (UK) or 47 (EU).
Jared has filmed a few commercials, some of them are –
- ‘It can wait’, pledge with Jensen Ackles against texting while driving
- McDonald’s All Day Breakfast
He was brought up in a Catholic household.
Best Known For
- Playing a ghost-buster named Samuel / Sam Winchester on the American fantasy horror series, Supernatural aired on CW Network.
- His recurring role of Dean Forester on Gilmore Girls from 2000 to 2005 and later reprised for the 4th episode of the renewed series, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life (2016) aired on Netflix.
Played the character of Matt Nelson in A Little Inside (1999), the movie was not released until 2002.
First TV Show
Recurring role of Dean Forester in Gilmore Girls from 2000 to 2005 was Jared’s first break on TV.
- Jared was tall and lean with an ectomorph body type when he first started acting in his late teens.
- A growth spurt that did not stop until he entered his 20s further added 4 inches to his frame and made him look even leaner. He was confirmed as a co-lead for Supernatural when he was 22 and a compelling urgency to look daunting enough to tackle ghosts and demons inclined him to take the help of world bench press champion, Scot Mendelson, to gain 35 pounds of muscle mass. His training style incorporated heavy, explosive lifts for maximum muscle fiber recruitment alternated by fight training in kickboxing and jiu-jitsu.
- His bench press PR is 355 lbs or 161 kg.
- In his 30s, Jared was still focusing on bigger muscle groups and worked them using compound exercises with the help of free weights. Jared’s body is too big for him to feel comfortable executing isolated movements using gym machines.
- When not filming, Jared merely needs to ensure he does not gain too much fat around his waistline which he prevents with a reasonable amount of daily cardio.
- In terms of diet, Jared claims to eat healthy most of the time; he is not into completely vegetarian food. Off-filming, he claims he can get away with eating a lot of junk food as well being a big guy. He is lactose intolerant but willingly risks a tummy ache to indulge his taste buds with an ice-cream sometimes, and does not ever miss out on a calorie dense protein shake post-workout.
Jared Padalecki Favorite Things
- Supernatural Quote – “Blood doesn’t mean family.”
- City – Dallas
- Food Item – Cheeseburger with lots of mustard sauce, lettuce, and tomato.
- Indulgence – White Chocolate Macadamia cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Icecream
- Fragrance – Baking Cookies (He buys scented candles that give away the scent of cookies)
- Book – The Great Gatsby
- Music Genre – Country, Classic Rock
- Band – Pearl Jam, Our Lady Peace (Canadian group), Radiohead
- Movie – Good Will Hunting (1997)
- Car – Firebird
- TV Show – The Simpsons
Source – YouTube, VanityFair.com
Jared Padalecki Facts
- Jared secured his entry to Hollywood by winning a nationwide casting contest called Claim to Fame that scouts for promising actors/models in the making.
- His fans are collectively called as Padafans, Padaphiles or most popularly Moosekateers.
- He is extremely superstitious in real life. He was particular about avoiding potential bad luck seeing his wife in her wedding dress before their ceremony. He always kisses his finger and taps on the roof of his car when passing through a yellow light and does the same when he gets on a plane as well.
- At the age of 25, he was diagnosed with clinical depression.
- In 2015, the exhaustion caused by working 90-100 hours a week on the sets of Supernatural, nearly pulled him back into depression again. Later that year, at the San Diego Comic-Con, almost 6,000 fans surprised him by holding up candles for him after he had revealed his struggle with depression.
- Off-filming, he tends to binge a lot and dresses in hoodies because he feels self-conscious about his body.
- Jared and Jensen Ackles are extremely close in real life and so are their families. Jensen was one of the groomsmen at Jared’s wedding and they often joke about their kids dating each other.
- Jensen Ackles revealed that Jared is a nerd mathematician in his everyday life who loves calculations and number crunching.
- Jared and Jensen participated in a Tough Mudder obstacle race in 2015 with their friends.
- In 2015, Jared started his T-shirt campaign called Always Keep Fighting (AKF) in collaboration with co-star Jensen Ackles. The proceeds from the sale were directed towards To Write Love on Her Arms, a charity for people battling mental illness such as depression and addiction.
- Jared owns a ’90s-themed bar in Austin, Texas called Stereotype. The bar was opened in 2018.
- In 2019, he was arrested and was later charged with public intoxication and assault following an incident at his bar, Stereotype.
- In April 2022, Jared was hospitalized after being involved in a car accident.