|Jarrod Spector Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1981|
Jarrod Spector is an American actor and singer who is well distinguished for the characters that he has portrayed in Broadway acts like Les Misérables (1987) and Beautiful: The Carole King Musical (2014). He is also noted for being cast in Sonnets in the City (2009). Jarrod also possesses an exceptionally melodic voice that he has contributed to cover songs during his Broadway acts and also towards his solo album Minor Fall, Major Lift (2012).
Jarrod Lee Spector
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
New York, United States
Jarrod went to Princeton University to attain a major in Economics. But, 2 years into the program, he fell victim to a nervous breakdown and went back home for 1 whole year. Later, he joined the Atlantic Theater Conservatory to study acting.
- Father – Chuck Spector
- Mother – Beth Spector
- Siblings – He has 2 siblings.
Jarrod is represented by Rich Aronstein of RJ Productions.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jarrod has dated –
- Kelli Barrett (2014-Present) – Jarrod fell in love with fellow Broadway actress Kelli Barrett instantly when he saw her at a rehearsal in Los Angeles. But Kelli, on the other hand, was in a relationship with someone else at that time. They both loved relishing the goodness of food and would often go out on foodie dates as friends at that time. Later, in 2014, the couple tied the knot.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Athletic build
- Clean shaved
Best Known For
- Starring in several Broadway shows such as Les Misérables (1987) and Beautiful: The Carole King Musical (2014)
- Touring as a replacement for Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys (2008, 2012)
- His appearances in many films including Sonnets in the City in 2009
- Tweeting out to Kanye West, asking him “to not use his phone and pay attention to their performance on The Cher Show” in 2018
Jarrod released his debut album titled Minor Fall, Major Lift on October 1, 2012. It consisted of 15 tracks such as Hallelujah, Rock and Roll, and Kiss On My List.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as a singer on the game show Remote Control in 1988.
Jarrod Spector Facts
- He grew up listening to rock-and-roll by Motown and Bobby Darin.
- At the age of 6, he was crowned champion several times in the talent show Star Search.
- He also competed in a sing-off against multi-instrumentalist Gabe Witcher on Star Search.
- In 2008 and 2012, he traveled with the Jersey Boys as a replacement for Frankie Valli.
- Jarrod can play the piano and dance.
- At the age of 6, he was a green belt in karate.
- At the age of 3, he started doing impersonations of Al Jolson.
- Growing up, he wanted to play lacrosse, but his parents did not agree with him.
- In 2018, he called out Kanye West via Twitter asking him to “put his phone away and pay attention to the show being acted out on stage” in the nicest way, to which, Kanye later, apologized.
- In 2015, he adopted a dog named Suzy.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Jarrod Spector / Instagram