|Javier Hernández Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Javier Hernández Balcázar
Chicharito, Little Pea
In 6th grade, Chicharito got enrolled in an elementary school at the Instituto Piaget. He studied there till sixth grade.
Later, while pursuing a career as a professional soccer player, he took business administration classes at Universidad del Valle de Atemajac.
He started his soccer education at the youth academy of Mexican club C.D. Guadalajara at the age of nine.
Professional soccer player
- Father – Javier Hernández Gutiérrez (Former professional soccer player)
- Mother – Silvia Balcázar
- Siblings – Ana Hernández Balcázar (Sister)
- Others – Tomás Balcázar González (Paternal Grandfather)
Chicharito is represented by Eduardo Hernandez.
17 – West Ham United
14 – Mexico National team
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chicharito has dated
- Lety Sahagun (2009-2015) – Javier started going out with the Mexican model and actress Lety Sahagun in 2009. They were quite a big thing in their native country and were even included in the 10 Sexiest Couple list by Who Magazine. She was reportedly the first person he called after his every match and whenever he met someone, he first used to introduce his girlfriend. However, they had their fair share of problems. Starting from 2011, he was accused of cheating on Lety with Chaska Morek. For the most part, the sources close to them rejected such rumors and claimed that they remained very much together. Eventually, they separated in 2015.
- Chaska Morek – Ever since he landed on the English shores after signing up for Manchester United, he was linked up with actress Chaska Morek, who was reported to be studying at the Cambridge University at that time. In September 2013, they were spotted having dinner at the Globe restaurant in London. They had asked not to be disturbed during their date and eventually left through the back door.
- Lucia Villalón (2015-2017) – Chicharito started going out with TV presenter Lucia Villalón in March 2015 during his stint for Real Madrid. Lucia was working as a presenter for the Spanish club. They were pretty open about their relationship and used 1422 to symbolize their relationship. It was a combination of their individual lucky numbers. In August 2015, he signed up with German club Bayer Leverkusen, which put some strain on their relationship as Lucia had opted to remain in the Spanish capital. However, they did initially manage to make their relationship work and even got engaged in 2016. However, the long-distance eventually took its toll on their relationship and they called it quits in 2017.
- Camila Sodi (2017) – The reports of Chicharito going out with actress Camila Sodi first surfaced in February 2017. His affair with Sodi led to the end of his relationship with Lucia. However, the Mexican star and his actress girlfriend refuted all such rumors. Their relationship didn’t last longer than a couple of months. In April, in her interview with Vanity Fair, she revealed that they had pulled the plug on their relationship. She claimed that the vitriol and hate they have received over the supposed origin of their relationship proved to be their undoing. Plus, she found it hard to cope with long distance.
- Andrea Duro (2017-Present) – In July 2017, Chicharito posted a picture with an unidentified woman, who had her back turned towards the camera. By the end of the month, the Spanish actress took to her Twitter to reveal that they were dating and she was the mysterious woman featured in his earlier post.
Race / Ethnicity
Prefers short scalp hair
Javier has been signed up as an ambassador by sportswear brand Adidas.
Javier has appeared in TV commercials for
- Beats Audio
- Bud Light beer
- Panini cards (ahead of the 2016 Copa America competition)
As part of his pre-match ritual, he often kneels on the ground to pray.
Best Known For
- His very successful stint with Manchester United and he developed a reputation for being a decisive substitute due to his knack for scoring important late goals.
- Having played for the popular soccer clubs such as Real Madrid, Bayern Leverkusen, and West Ham United.
First Professional Football Match
Chicharito made his professional debut for his boyhood club C.D. Guadalajara against Necaxa in Apertura competition in 2006.
In August 2010, he made his competitive debut for Manchester United against Chelsea in a 3-1 win over Chelsea in Community Shield.
In August 2017, Chicharito played his first match for West Ham United against his former club Manchester United. He ended up on a losing side.
In 2015, he made his theatrical film debut in the crime thriller movie, Asesinos Inocentes.
First TV Show
In June 2000, Chicharito made his first TV show appearance in the Fuera de Juego episode of the romantic drama series, Hospital Central.
When he moved to Manchester United, Chicharito had to go for a special conditioning and strength training program to prepare for the tempo of the English game. He was put through specialized muscle bulk up routine by his club physio.
Chicharito Favorite Things
- Idols – Hugo Sánchez and Rafael Márquez
Source – Latin Times
- After he wasn’t picked for the 2005 U-17 World Cup Mexican squad, he wanted to retire from soccer at the age of 17.
- His trademark celebration in which he forms ‘C’ and raises upwards is dedicated to her sister Ana Silvia, who is nicknamed as Chimol.
- When he lined up for Manchester United against Barcelona in 2011, he became the first Mexican player to appear in the UEFA Champions League final in the debut season for the new club.
- Chicharito holds the record for being the highest goal scorer for the Mexican National team. He is the first player to score 48 goals for the national team.
- His ardent followers celebrate August 14 as Chicharito Day. 14 is the number he wears for the national team and August is the only month that has the same number of letters as his first name.
- In 2012, he was appointed as the Mexican ambassador for UNICEF. He is the third Mexican after César Costa and Julieta Venegas to have been appointed to the prestigious position.
- In June 2013, EA Sports announced that he will get featured alongside Lionel Messi on the cover of the North American edition of FIFA 2014.
Featured Image by Javier Hernández / Instagram