|Javier Pastore Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 20, 1989|
When Javier Pastore arrived in Europe at the age of 20, he was already considered one of the hottest prospects in Argentina. Because of his silky and elegant playing style, he was compared with his childhood idol and Uruguayan legend, Enzo Francescoli. At Palermo, he vowed Italian fans with his creative and intelligent play. After just two seasons, he left Italy to join newly rich PSG. After having won numerous trophies and being pushed out of the team by likes of Neymar, Julian Draxler, and Kylian Mbappe, he decided to return to Italy with AS Roma and resurrect his stagnating career.
Javier Matías Pastore
Javier Pastore started his soccer journey with the youth setup of Argentine club Talleres.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Juan Carlos Pastore
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Juan Pastore (Brother)
Javier Pastore is represented by Bruno Satin.
Attacking Midfielder, Winger, Second Striker
16 – Club Atlético Huracán
6 – US Palermo
27 – US Palermo, Paris Saint-Germain, AS Roma
13, 17 – Paris Saint-Germain
10 – Paris Saint-Germain, Argentina National team
21, 22, 23 – Argentina National Team
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Javier Pastore has dated
- Chiara Picone (2010-Present) – In 2010, Pastore started going out with Italian model and presenter, Chiara Picone. Over the course of years, they have got married. She gave birth to their daughter, Martina, in May 2015. In 2017, she also gave birth to their son.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Argentine and Italian ancestry.
- Tall height
- Slender build
He is a devout Catholic and has even got his children baptized.
Javier Pastore has a personal endorsement deal with Nike. He wears only Nike footwear for his professional matches because of the terms of the deal.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most technically gifted playmakers in Europe
- His successful 7 years stint with the French club, Paris Saint-Germain. He played 265 matches for the club and scored 45 goals as well as recorded 59 assists during his stay with the club.
First Soccer Match
In 2007, Javier Pastore made his professional soccer debut with his childhood club, Talleres in the Argentine second division. Overall, he made 5 appearances under manager Ricardo Gareca in 2007.
In August 2009, he made his first appearance for Palermo in a Copa Italia match against Spal. His side won the match by 4-2.
In August 2018, he made his first appearance for AS Roma as he helped his side record a 1-0 victory over Torino in the first match of new Serie A campaign.
In May 2010, Pastore made his first international appearance in a friendly match against Canada. He had been previously called for a friendly match against Germany by Argentine coach Diego Maradona but wasn’t called off the bench.
- Technical Ability
- Passing Range
- Long Shots
- Through balls
- Aerial Duels
Apart from undertaking soccer training drills and conditioning sessions with his team, he also spends time in the gym to improve his physical strength. He also relies on his gym work to strengthen his stabilizing muscles that are key to injury prevention.
Javier Pastore Favorite Things
- Childhood Idol – Enzo Francescoli
- Influence – Juan Román Riquelme
Source – Wikipedia
Javier Pastore Facts
- In May 2009, he made the whole world to sit up and recognize his talents as he led Huracan in their stunning 4-0 win over River Plate. He opened the scoring with a 25-yard screamer and again found the back of the net as his side recorded their biggest win against Argentine giants in 60 years.
- He finished his breakthrough season (2008-09) with Huracan as his side’s top scorer with 8 goals. He also recorded 4 assists as his side narrowly missed out on a Clausura Championship.
- In the summer of 2009, he was linked with a move to European giants such as Manchester United, AC Milan, and Chelsea. However, he eventually joined Italian side, Palermo for an approximate transfer fee of €4.7 million. It proved to be a smart choice as he immediately got an opportunity to play in the first team with the mid-table team.
- In January 2010, he scored his first goal for Palermo in a Serie A match against Bari. But he couldn’t stop his side from crashing to a 4-2 defeat.
- He established himself as one of the leading young talents in Europe in the 2010-11 season. Palermo manager Delio Rossi played him in the hole behind the striking duo of Fabrizio Miccoli and Edinson Cavani. His side finished in the 5th spot in the league.
- In November 2010, he scored the first hattrick of his career in a league match against derby rivals Catania.
- In August 2011, he was signed by Paris Saint-Germain, with club’s new Qatari billionaire owner paying €39.8 million in the transfer fee. He was hailed as a key player as his new club aimed to establish themselves as a powerhouse in France and Europe.
- In 2010, he was recognized as Serie A Young Footballer of the Year.
- However, his old club Palermo received only €22.8 million of the total fee. It was reported that his agent received €12.5 million as he held third-party ownership. It caused a huge scandal in Serie A as the Italian Federation had banned Italian clubs from forming any ownership agreement with third parties.
- In 2010, he was included by Don Balon magazine in their list featuring 100 best young players in the world born after 1989.
- He delivered great performances for PSG in the 2014-15 season as the Paris based club claimed unprecedented domestic quadruple of Ligue 1, the Coupe de France, Coupe de la Ligue, and the Trophée des Champions.
- In his 7 seasons with PSG, he won 5 Ligue 1 titles, 5 Coupe de la Ligue cups, and 2 Coupe de France cups.
- When Neymar joined PSG in August 2017, Pastore decided to gift his number 10 jersey to the Brazilian superstar. Pastore opted to wear his previous 27 number for the season.
- However, Neymar’s arrival signaled the end of Pastore’s time in French capital as his playing time dwindled and in June 2008, he agreed to a move to AS Roma.
- He has collaborated with Argentinian teammate Ever Banega and two renowned animal rights advocates, Marianela Gaitán and María Belén Scardilli, to establish the Soplo de Vida, a non-profit organization dedicated to the protectionism of cats and dogs.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Javier Pastore / Instagram