|Federico Fazio Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1987|
Federico Fazio is an Argentine professional soccer player who has played as a central defender in Spain, England, and Italy, for top-flight clubs Sevilla FC (2007-2014, 2016), Tottenham Hotspur (2014-2017), and AS Roma (2017-Present), respectively. With Sevilla FC‘s B team, Sevilla B, he won the Segunda División B title in the 2006–07 season; and with the senior team, he won the Supercopa de España in 2007, the Copa del Rey trophy in the 2009–10 season, and the UEFA Europa League in the 2013–14 season. With Tottenham Hotspur, he had finished as a runner-up at the FA League Cup in the 2014–15 season. At the international level, he had represented Argentina at the Under-20 and Under-23 tiers before making his senior national team debut in 2011. He was an integral member of the Argentine squads that had won the FIFA Under-20 World Cup in 2007 and the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics held in Beijing. He had also represented the senior national team at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Federico Julián Fazio
Ramos Mejía, La Matanza Partido, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Rome, Lazio, Italy
He holds dual nationality.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Franco Fazio
- 6, 3 – Argentina
- 32, 28, 20, 23, 2, 40, 16 – Sevilla FC
- 21, 2 – Tottenham Hotspur
- 20 – AS Roma
Defender (Centre Back)
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Federico has dated –
- Alejandra Fazio (2016-Present) – Federico had first met Alejandra while he was with the Spanish club Sevilla FC and after a few months of dating, they got married in 2016. They have a son together named Tomi (b. June 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Toned physique
- Often sports a rugged beard
- Affable smile
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Towering frame
He has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant Adidas.
Federico Fazio Facts
- He had started his youth career with local club Ferro Carril Oeste in Buenos Aires. In 2005, he was promoted to the club’s senior team and played with them until 2006. He was then bought by the Spanish La Liga club Sevilla FC in 2007.
- In August 2014, he had signed a 4-year contract with the English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur. On his league debut for the club, in October that year, against Manchester City, he was given a direct card by the referee for a rough tackle against Sergio Agüero who was thus denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. His team lost the match by a margin of 4 goals to 1.
- In January 2016, he returned to Sevilla FC for a 5-month loan spell and was sent off in his very first game within just 24 minutes after 2 bookable offenses.
- He was also involved in a controversy after the club had decided to hand him the number 16 shirt. The issue was that the number had been reserved for homegrown players, especially after Antonio Puerta had died, while a team member, in August 2007. He had suffered a set of cardiac arrests during a La Liga game and died 3 days later.
- As of July 2020, his only international goal had come in a 6-0 exhibition game win against Singapore.
Featured Image by Federico Fazio / Instagram