|Jean Michaël Seri Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Date of Birth
|July 19, 1991
Jean Michaël Seri has often been compared to Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kanté because of their similar build. Although Seri has similar energy and work rate as the French midfielder, his playing style is very different from Kanté’s. Seri uses his tremendous energy to drive his team ahead with his immense passing range and driving runs from the midfield. His excellent performances in the center of the park helped Nice secure high finishes in the French league and helped Seri secure a move to Fulham.
Jean Michaël Seri
Grand-Béréby, Ivory Coast
London, England, United Kingdom
Jean Michaël Seri started his soccer journey in 2001 by joining an academy opened by the Ivorian footballer Cyril Domoraud. In 2007, he joined the youth setup of Abidjan club Africa Sports d’Abidjan.
Professional Soccer Player
Jean Michaël Seri is represented by Franklin Mala.
Central Midfielder, Attacking Midfielder
14 – ASEC Mimosas
88 – FC Paços de Ferreira
6 – OGC Nice, Ivory Coast
24 – Fulham FC
5 – Ivory Coast
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jean Michaël Seri prefers to keep his personal life away from the spotlight. However, in July 2017, he shared a picture of his wife on his official Instagram account but he has refrained from divulging the identity of his wife. Also, one of his Instagram posts indicates that he has fathered a child as well.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African ancestry.
Best Known For
His solid performances for the French club, Nice. He has played 123 matches for the club and was considered a key component of the team that managed to punch above his weight in the French League.
First Soccer Match
In 2010, Jean Michaël Seri made his professional debut with ASEC Mimosas, the most successful club in Ivory Coast. He made 16 appearances in his first season with the club.
In August 2015, he made his first appearance for Nice in the Ligue 1 match against Monaco. He played the full match but couldn’t save his team from a 2-1 loss.
In August 2018, he made his competitive debut for Fulham in the Premier League home match against Crystal Palace. His side crashed to a 2-0 defeat.
In September 2015, he made his first international start for Ivory Coast national team in a 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualification match against Sierra Leone. The match ended in a goalless draw.
- Through Balls
- Long Shots
- Reading of the game
- Aerial duels
Jean Michaël Seri Favorite Things
- Role Model – Xavi
- Inspiration – Marcelo Gallardo
Source – Goal
Jean Michaël Seri Facts
- In November 2012, he was signed by the Portuguese giants FC Porto on a loan deal. He had impressed their scouts but the club management wanted to see his performances at close quarters before offering him a permanent deal.
- He found it hard to make an impact on the senior team, therefore, he was relegated to the reserve squad. He made 19 appearances for the second team of the club.
- In August 2013, he joined another Portuguese club Paços de Ferreira on a 3-year deal as a free agent.
- In June 2015, Nice paid a transfer fee of €1 million to sign Seri. It would prove to be one of the best bargains of the season in the French league.
- In September 2015, he scored his professional goal for Nice in his side’s 4–1 Ligue 1 away win over Saint-Étienne.
- At the end of the 2016-2017 season, he was included in the UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year.
- In August 2017, Seri issued a furious statement against Nice as he accused his club bosses of breaking their word and killing his dream of securing a move to Barcelona. The club had rejected a €40 million transfer offer from the Catalan club.
- After being linked with major English clubs such as Chelsea, Manchester United, and Arsenal, he moved to Fulham on a 4-year deal in July 2018. The transfer was considered a huge coup by the newly promoted team.
- In August 2018, Seri netted a stunning long-range goal to open his side’s scoring in their 4-2 win over Burnley. It was also his first goal for his new team.
- In November 2015, he scored his first international goal as he netted one in his side’s 3-0 victory over Liberia in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification 2nd round 2nd leg.
Featured Image by Jean Michaël Seri / Instagram