Jeanne Marie Tripplehorn
Tulsa, Oklahoma, US
Jeanne completed her schooling from Edison High School in 1981.
She attended University of Tulsa, Oklahoma, US (dropped out just after one semester).
Jeanne Tripplehorn then went to Juilliard School’s Drama Division (Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Manhattan, New York City), as a member of group 19 (1986-1990).
The Gersh Agency, Inc.
- Father – Tom Tripplehorn (Former Guitarist in the 1960s pop and rock group Gary Lewis & the Playboys)
- Mother – Suzanne (nee Ferguson) (Deceased)
- Siblings – Jason (Brother)
- Others – Jean Neely (Grandmother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
138 pounds or 63 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jeanne Tripplehorn dated –
- Ben Stiller (1990-1996) – Jeanne dated American actor, comedian, writer, producer and director Ben Stiller. They started seeing each other in 1990 and got engaged in 1993. Prior to their engagement, Jeanne had also appeared on Ben’s self-named sketch comedy show The Ben Stiller Show (1992-1993). Jeanne separated from Ben after four years of their relationship in 1996.
- Leland Orser (1999-Present) – Jeanne met American film and television actor Leland Orser on the shoot of Very Bad Things (1998). They commenced dating in 1999 and got married in 2000. The couple welcomed their son August on May 23, 2002.
Race / Ethnicity
37-25-38 in or 94-63.5-96.5 cm
She has not endorsed any of the brands.
Jeanne Tripplehorn has never spoken in public about her personal religious belief.
Best Known For
Jeanne Tripplehorn is known for her roles in the movies like Basic Instinct (1992), The Firm (1993) and Waterworld (1995).
Also, her performance on television series like HBO drama series Big Love (2006-2011) and CBS police procedural drama Criminal Minds (2006-2011) has been appreciated.
Jeanne made her silver screen debut in French-American neo-noir erotic thriller movie Basic Instinct (1992). Jeanne portrayed the character of a police psychologist.
First TV Show
Jeanne first appeared in the sketch comedy television series The Ben Stiller Show in the episodes: Pilot, With James Doohan and With Rob Morrow as the Wilson Woman/Goo (1992).
Even after crossing her 50s, Jeanne Tripplehorn has a curvaceous figure. This is credited to her 4-5 day per week exercise routine. Her exercise regime includes 15-20 minutes running, then back extension, wall sit, leg press, squats and abdominal exercises.
For a balanced diet, Jeanne remains on a low sodium and sugar diets. She takes vegetables, fish, yogurt, and consumes plenty of water throughout the day.
Jeanne Tripplehorn Favorite Things
- Place – Tulsa, Oklahoma
Source – TravelandLeisure.com
Jeanne Tripplehorn Facts
- Jeanne began her career as a host for a local radio and TV show.
- In Quentin Tarantino’s cult film Pulp Fiction (1994), Jeanne was originally cast as Mia Wallace, but she had to turn down the role which later went to Uma Thurman.
- In her initial years, she used to be a DJ in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- When her parents got separated, Jeanne was only two years old.
- She was nominated for Outstanding Actress in The Women’s Image Network (WIN) Awards 2012 for her work in the film FIVE.
- Jeanne made her Broadway debut in 1997 with Anton Chekhov’s most acclaimed play Three Sisters. She played the role of Masha.
- Jeanne was the original choice for the female lead in the 1994 movie, Four Weddings and a Funeral. But, it did not work out as Jeanne’s mother passed away and the role then went to Andie MacDowell.
- Her grandmother Jean Neely, appeared in the romantic comedy-drama film Reality Bites.
- Jeanne Tripplehorn was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for her role as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in HBO movie Grey Gardens (2009).
- Connect with Jeanne Tripplehorn on Twitter and Instagram.