|Jeanne Tripplehorn Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 10, 1963|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jeanne Tripplehorn is an American actor and voice actor who started her career as a stage artist and went on to appear in movies such as Basic Instinct, The Amateurs, The Night We Never Met, The Firm, Waterworld, ‘Til There Was You, Steal This Movie!, Office Killer, Monument Ave., Mickey Blue Eyes, Very Bad Things, Timecode, Ana, Paranoid, Relative Values, Crazy on the Outside, Morning, Little Pink House, A Perfect Man, Gloria Bell, We Only Know So Much, Brother’s Keeper, Word of Honor, Grey Gardens, and Five. She is also known for her television roles like playing Dr. Alex Blake in the CBS police procedural crime drama series Criminal Minds, Barbara Henrickson in the HBO drama series Big Love, Hope Chatsworth (voice) in the animated post-apocalyptic sci-fi series Electric City, Sylvia Chamberlain in the historical drama series The Gilded Age, Lorraine Hartley in the action thriller series The Terminal List, and Eleanor Schlafly in the historical drama miniseries Mrs. America.
Jeanne Marie Tripplehorn
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Jeanne completed her schooling from Edison High School in 1981.
She attended the University of Tulsa, Oklahoma, US (dropped out just after one semester).
Jeanne Tripplehorn then went to Juilliard School’s Drama Division (Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Manhattan, New York City), as a member of group 19 (1986-1990).
Actor, Voice Actor
- Father – Tom Tripplehorn (Former Guitarist in the 1960s pop and rock group Gary Lewis & the Playboys)
- Mother – Suzanne (nee Ferguson) (Deceased)
- Siblings – Jason (Brother)
- Others – Joe/Joseph Konrad/Conrad Tripplehorn (Paternal Grandfather), Gertrude Louise Justice (Paternal Grandmother), Frank Julian Neely (Maternal Grandfather), Jean Neely (Maternal Grandmother)
Jeanne Tripplehorn has been signed with –
- The Gersh Agency, Inc.
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
Her net worth has been $8 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
138 pounds or 63 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jeanne Tripplehorn has dated –
- Ben Stiller (1990-1996) – Jeanne dated American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and director Ben Stiller. They started seeing each other in 1990 and got engaged in 1993. Prior to their engagement, Jeanne had also appeared on Ben’s self-named sketch comedy show The Ben Stiller Show (1992-1993). Jeanne separated from Ben after four years of their relationship in 1996.
- Leland Orser (1999-Present) – Jeanne met American film and television actor Leland Orser on the shoot of Very Bad Things (1998). They commenced dating in 1999 and got married in 2000. The couple welcomed their son August on May 23, 2002.
Race / Ethnicity
Jeanne Tripplehorn is of English, Scottish, German, and Scots-Irish/Northern Irish descent.
37-25-38 in or 94-63.5-96.5 cm
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Best Known For
Jeanne Tripplehorn is known for her roles in the movies like Basic Instinct (1992), The Firm (1993), and Waterworld (1995).
Also, her performance on television series like the HBO drama series Big Love (2006-2011) and CBS police procedural drama Criminal Minds (2006-2011) has been appreciated.
Jeanne made her silver screen debut in the French-American neo-noir erotic thriller movie Basic Instinct (1992). Jeanne portrayed the character of a police psychologist.
First TV Show
Jeanne first appeared in the sketch comedy television series The Ben Stiller Show in the episodes: Pilot, With James Doohan and With Rob Morrow as the Wilson Woman/Goo (1992).
Even after crossing her 50s, Jeanne Tripplehorn has a curvaceous figure. This is credited to her 4-5 day per week exercise routine. Her exercise regime includes 15-20 minutes of running, then back extension, wall sit, leg press, squats, and abdominal exercises.
For a balanced diet, Jeanne remains on a low sodium and sugar diet. She takes vegetables, fish, and yogurt and consumes plenty of water throughout the day.
Jeanne Tripplehorn Favorite Things
- Place – Tulsa, Oklahoma
Source – TravelandLeisure.com
Jeanne Tripplehorn Facts
- Jeanne began her career as a host for a local radio and TV show.
- In Quentin Tarantino’s cult film Pulp Fiction (1994), Jeanne was originally cast as Mia Wallace, but she had to turn down the role which later went to Uma Thurman.
- In her initial years, she used to be a DJ in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- When her parents got separated, Jeanne was only two years old.
- She was nominated for Outstanding Actress in The Women’s Image Network (WIN) Awards 2012 for her work in the film FIVE.
- Jeanne made her Broadway debut in 1997 with Anton Chekhov’s most acclaimed play Three Sisters. She played the role of Masha.
- Jeanne was the original choice for the female lead in the 1994 movie, Four Weddings and a Funeral. But, it did not work out as Jeanne’s mother passed away and the role then went to Andie MacDowell.
- Her grandmother Jean Neely, appeared in the romantic comedy-drama film Reality Bites.
- Jeanne Tripplehorn was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for her role as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in the HBO movie Grey Gardens (2009).