|Jesse Spencer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1979|
Jesse Spencer comes from a family of doctors but he never had any interest in following in the footsteps of his father and 2 older brothers. He was only interested in acting and because of this very reason, he even decided against completing his college education. He buckled down to fulfill his dream of becoming an actor and has since been richly rewarded. He got his first big breakthrough in the soap opera Neighbours. His acting skills in Chicago Fire and House have also been widely appreciated.
Jesse Gordon Spencer
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Jesse Spencer went to the Canterbury Primary School. Later, he studied at the Malvern Central School and the private Scotch College. After completing his VCE, he got enrolled at the Monash University. He later decided to defer his studies to focus on his acting career.
- Father – Rodney Spencer (Doctor)
- Mother – Robyn Spencer
- Siblings – Tarney Spencer (Older Brother) (Oculoplastic Surgeon), Luke Spencer (Older Brother) (Orthopaedic Surgeon), Polly Spencer (Younger Sister) (Anaesthetist)
Jesse Spencer is represented by –
- The Fleming Agency Pty. Ltd.
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
Choir, Cover Band
Violin, Vocals, Guitar, Piano
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jesse Spencer has dated –
- Jennifer Morrison (2004-2007) – Spencer first met actress Jennifer Morrison at Vancouver International Airport as they were both in the town to shoot for the American TV show, House. They officially started dating in July 2004 and later got engaged in December 2006 as he proposed to her at the Eiffel Tower during their Paris trip. But, they didn’t get married as they called off their engagement in August 2007.
- Louise Griffiths (2008-2010) – As per the reports, Jesse started going out with English singer and actress, Louise Griffiths in August 2010. But they didn’t last long and decided to separate by the start of 2010.
- Maya Gabeira (2010-2014) – Spencer started dating professional surfer Maya Gabeira towards the end of 2010. After keeping their relationship low key for some time, they eventually made their relationship public. Spencer even credited their different professions for the strength of their relationship. However, it seemed that they had broken up by the start of 2014 as he was seen kissing an unidentified woman at the LAX Airport in Los Angeles.
- Monica Raymund – Jesse Spencer has been often linked with actress Monica Raymund, who is also his co-star on the TV show, Chicago Fire. They have often been seen together at various public events. Also, she has often shared their pictures together on her social media accounts. But, they have publicly maintained that they are nothing other than good friends.
- Kali Woodruff (2018) – In 2018, Spencer was reported to be dating Kali Woodruff after they posed as a couple on the red carpet at the Unbridled Eve Gala during the 144th Kentucky Derby in Louisville, Kentucky.
Race / Ethnicity
- Green Eyes
- Athletic Body
Jesse Spencer hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Billy Kennedy on the popular Australian soap opera, Neighbours
- Having played the role of Dr. Robert Chase on the medical drama TV series, House
- Being cast in the role of Lieutenant /Captain Matthew Casey on the drama TV show, Chicago Fire
As a Music Artist
He started his musical journey with the Australian Boys Choir in 1986 and performed with the group until 1992. He has also played violin with the music charity group, Band From TV, which covers music of popular music artists and bands for charitable causes.
He has also performed the song, Molly Smiles, for the Uptown Girls soundtrack.
In 2003, he made his theatrical film debut in the biographical drama movie, Swimming Upstream.
First TV Show
In 1994, Jesse Spencer made his first TV show appearance in an episode, titled A Close Encounter, of the science fiction TV series, Time Trax.
Jesse Spencer relies on boxing to keep himself in a perfect shape. He is so obsessed with boxing that he has set up a boxing gym right in his garage.
Jesse Spencer Favorite Things
- Chicago Restaurants – The Palm, Benny’s Chop House, Sunda and Japonais, and Shaw’s Crab Shack
- Chicago Hotspot – Soldier Field
Source – Glamour
Jesse Spencer Facts
- He decided to work in Chicago Fire because he wanted to do a physical role after having worked in a cerebral role in House for nearly 9 years.
- In 2007, the prestigious People magazine included him in their list featuring 100 Most Beautiful People.
- He started playing the violin at the age of 10.
- Apart from the violin, he is also adept at playing the bass, guitar, and the piano.
- Along with English, he is fairly fluent in French.
- His parents had founded a political party called Australians Against Further Immigration which got dissolved in 2008 after remaining in existence for about 19 years.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Jesse Spencer Fan Page / Instagram