|Jessica Mauboy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1989|
Jessica Mauboy is an Australian singer, songwriter, as well as an actress who came to limelight in 2006 after she became the runner-up in the 4th season of Australian Idol. She gained further popularity by releasing a live album of her Idol performances and being a member of the girl band Young Divas for a short period in 2007. Her debut studio album titled Been Waiting (2008) fetched Mauboy her 1st number-one single Burn that was also the 2nd highest-selling Australian album of 2009 achieving double-platinum status. She is the recipient of numerous awards including MTV Europe Music Awards in 2017 for the “Best Australian Act”. She has also appeared in several movies such as the musical comedy The Sapphires (2012) and starred in a number of TV shows like The Secret Daughter (2016–17).
Jessica Hilda Mauboy
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Sydney as well as Darwin in Australia
She went to Wulagi Primary School and Sanderson High School in Darwin. She dropped out of school in her final year so she could pursue a professional singing career.
Singer, Songwriter, Actress
- Father – Ferdy (Electrician)
- Mother – Therese (Singer)
- Siblings – Sandra (Older Sister), Jenny (Older Sister), Catherine (Older Sister) and Sophia (Younger Sister)
- Others – Harriett (Grandmother)
She is represented by TalentWorks Parade Management.
- Ministry of Sound
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Themeli Magripilis (2009-Present) – In January 2009, she began a long-distance relationship with soccer player and council worker Themeli. She moved in with him in September 2016. They got engaged in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
She is of Indonesian descent on her father’s side and has Kuku Yalanji Aboriginal Australian ancestry on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Cheerful smile
- Mole on her neck
- Expressive eyes
- Thick eyebrows
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Head & Shoulders.
She and her family have been members of the Christian congregation in Darwin called the Indonesian Missionary Uniting Church.
Jessica Mauboy Favorite Things
- Fan Of – The North Queensland Cowboys
- Supporter Of – Various charities, having been the ambassador for the Sony Foundation that has raised funds for youth-related causes
Source – Wikipedia
Jessica Mauboy Facts
- She was involved in the local church choir from her childhood.
- Her mother was a singer and her father was a skilled guitarist and her home used to be described as the “noisiest house on the block”, with her mother singing, her father playing the guitar and the rest of the family also joining in.
- Her siblings have appeared in a music video for one of her songs The Day Before I Met You.
- In 2015, she launched her fragrance named Be Beautiful, which has been known to have a summery, sweet ocean vibe.
Featured Image by Jessica Hilda Mauboy / Instagram