|Jet Li Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||April 26, 1963|
|Spouse||Nina Li Chi|
Jet Li is a Chinese film actor, producer, martial artist, and retired Wushu champion. He became a naturalized Singapore citizen in 2009. He is well known for his film roles in movies like Shaolin Temple, Lethal Weapon 4, Kiss of the Dragon, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, Unleashed among others.
Jet Li has a number of awards and nominations with him including the MTV Movie Awards, Golden Horse Film Festival Awards, Hong Kong Film Critics Society Awards, Shanghai Film Critics Awards, Hundred Flowers Awards, and many more.
Jet Li attended the Beijing Wushu Academy in Beijing, China
- Father – Li Qingquan (Deceased)
- Mother – Zhang Feng Lan (Deceased)
- Siblings – He has 4 siblings.
Jet Li is managed by –
- Current Entertainment International, LLC (Talent Management Company), Santa Monica, USA
- Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal Laviolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman (Legal Representative), Beverly Hills, California, USA
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jet Li has dated –
- Qiuyan Huang (1987-1990) – Jet Li married actress Qiuyan Huang in 1987. They have 2 daughters together, Si and Taimi. The couple separated in 1990.
- Nina Li Chi (1999-Present) – Jet Li and actress Nina Li Chi have been married since 1999. They have 2 children, Jane (b. 2000) and Jada (b. 2002).
Race / Ethnicity
Jet Li is of Chinese descent.
Jet Li has endorsed –
- Red Cross
Best Known For
- Acting in films such as Shaolin Temple, Lethal Weapon 4, Kiss of the Dragon, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, Unleashed, among others
- Producing movies like Born to Defence, Fearless, Invincible, Kiss of the Dragon among others
Jet Li made his theatrical film debut in the 1982 film Shaolin Temple.
First TV Show
Jet Li made his television show debut as himself on the 2001 series The Daily Show.
Jet Li is extremely fit and has had the benefit of martial arts training from a very early age. He also has a fitness program, ‘Wuji’ that allows him to maintain his great physical condition.
Jet Li Favorite Things
- Past Time – Reading, riding his bicycle, meditating, playing table tennis or badminton
Source – IMDb
Jet Li Facts
- He started training Martial arts at the Beijing Wushu Academy when he was only 8 years of age.
- Jet Li won his 1st Gold medal at the age of 11 in the Chinese championships.
- He would often compete against adults in the Wushu championships and ended up winning 15 gold medals and 1 silver medal.
- According to him, President Richard Nixon offered him a job as a bodyguard but he declined because he did not want to protect an individual, he wanted to defend the 1 billion Chinese countrymen.
- By his teens, he became a National Coach.
- He starred in the movie the Shaolin Temple at the age of 20.
- He has an English tutor, and he puts in up 4 hours every day to learn English.
- The name “Li” was given to him by a publicity company that felt his name was too hard to pronounce.
- He made his American film debut in the movie Lethal Weapon 4 where he played a villain.
- Jet Li turned down a role in the movie Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon because his wife was pregnant and had made a promise to her not to work during the pregnancy period.
- He was caught up in the Maldives tsunami in 2004. However, together with his daughter and nanny, they were able to escape unharmed.
- He renounced his US citizenship in 2009 in favor of Singapore citizenship due to the education system that he wanted for his children.
- In the movie Romeo Must Die, he sustained some injuries to his ribs while shooting the film.
- He has his own fitness programme ‘Wuji’ that he launched in 2009. The workout combines yoga, pilates, and martial arts. The program has a special clothing line by Adidas that bears the initials ‘JL.’
- Jet Li collects rare Tibetian beads.
- Since 2013, he suffers from hyperthyroidism, and the doctors advised him to discontinue any kinds of exercise. He says he uses meditation to control his heart rate.
- Jet Li is no longer very active and has reduced the number of films he does. He, however, says this is due to his charity work and not because of his poor health.
- Jet Li turned down a role in the movie Matrix Reloaded because he felt that the movie did not require his skill.
- He had a part in the 2017 movie Return of Xander Cage but dropped out, no reasons were disclosed as to why he did that. He also opted out of playing the role of Deacon Frost in Blade.
- In 1993, he turned down a part in the movie Crime Story, because his agent was gunned down during pre-production and he did not want to pass the wrong message.
- When filming the movie Fearless, he fell from a 12-foot tower. To date, the injuries he sustained still bother him.
- He is very shy around women.
- He jokingly says that you can beat him up but never touch his hair.
- Jet Li practices Tibetian Buddhism.
- He is an ambassador for the Red Cross Society of China.
- Being a Buddhist, he does not care too much about fame and lives his life based on religious philosophies.
- When asked what his message would be to the world, he responded that the first is “the suffering of one person can never be as significant as the suffering of a nation.” Secondly, “violence will never be a solution to anything” and “the biggest enemy of a person is him/herself. Your greatest weapon is a smile and the largest power is love.” These messages can be found in the 2002 movie Hero, 2005 movie Unleashed, and the 2006 movie Fearless.
- He is the founder of The One Foundation that provides disaster relief, funding grassroots charities and children’s welfare, training of public welfare professionals.
- He was accused of embezzling funds from the foundation, claims he vehemently denied.
- Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Jet Li / Instagram