Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, England, United Kingdom
Jill Halfpenny went to the St Edmund Campion Roman Catholic School. In 1994, she got enrolled at the Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art. She studied there until 1996.
Jill has also studied at the First Act Theatre, a drama school in Gosforth. She also went to the Reavley Theatre School to polish her stage skills.
- Father – Colin Halfpenny (Passed away when Jill was 4 years old)
- Mother – Maureen Halfpenny
- Siblings – Nicola Halfpenny (Older Sister), Paula Halfpenny (Older Sister)
- Others – Chelsea Halfpenny (Niece) (Actress)
Jill Halfpenny is represented by London-based The Artists Partnership (Talent Agency).
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jill Halfpenny has dated –
- Ant McPartlin – In June 2016, she revealed that she had previously dated actor Ant McPartlin. They had grown close while working in the TV series, Byker Grove. Apparently, for their first date, they went to see the music drama movie, The Commitments.
- Craig Conway (2007-2010) – Jill got married to her fellow actor Craig Conway in 2007 in a low key and private wedding ceremony. They had first met while working in the stage production of The Bodies, which was performed at The Live Theatre. In May 2008, she gave birth to their first child, a son named Harvey-Reece Conway. However, their marriage didn’t last after the birth of their son as they got divorced in 2010. The divorce was made public by Jill herself in December 2010. It was claimed that she had found love outside of their marriage.
Race / Ethnicity
- Blue eyes
- Sparkling smile
Jill Halfpenny hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Kate Mitchell in the popular British soap opera, EastEnders.
- Having played the role of Diane Manning in the BBC One drama TV series, In the Club.
- Her stunning portrayal of Paulette in the stage production of Legally Blonde, which helped her win Lawrence Olivier Award for the supporting role.
In 2000, she made her theatrical film debut in the family action movie, Command Approved.
First TV Show
In 1989, Jill Halfpenny made her first TV show appearance in the teen drama TV series, Byker Grove. Her role of Nicola Dobson proved to be her big breakthrough. She was 14 years old when she got the role.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Jill Halfpenny Favorite Things
- Meal – Anything with rice. She is also a fan of Thai food.
- Movie – Chocolat (2000)
- Books – Underneath the Lemon Tree by Mark Rice-Oxley
Source – Lady
Jill Halfpenny Facts
- In 2004, she participated in the dance reality TV show Strictly Come Dancing. She went on to win the competition and scored a perfect score of 40 in the final round.
- In her free time, she loves to indulge in ice skating and roller skating. She also enjoys dancing and fencing.
- Her character of Kate Mitchell has been placed in the 99th spot in the list featuring 100 Greatest EastEnders Characters of All Time.
- She was 5-6 months pregnant when she was cast in the role of Norma Farnes in Surviving Spike.
- She serves as an ambassador of Kidscape, which is a London-based children’s charity that focuses on child safety.
- In November 2007, she was invited by the University of Sunderland to present the awards evening for Seaham School of Technology.
- Follow her on Twitter.
Featured Image by Sam / Instagram