|Len Goodman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 25, 1944|
Len Goodman is an English dancer, dancing judge, dancing coach, TV host, and TV presenter, best known for his role as a head judge on dancing TV show, Strictly Come Dancing, between 2004 and 2016. He also took the role as head judge on the American adaptation titled Dancing With the Stars starting in 2005, with a 1-year break in 2015, before he returned in 2016. Len also hosted a documentary TV show for BBC One titled Holiday of My Lifetime starting in 2014 and Partners in Rhyme in 2017. Len is also the founder and owner of a ballroom dance school, Goodman Dance Centre, located in Dartford, Kent, England, United Kingdom.
Leonard Gordon Goodman
Bethnal Green, London, England, United States
Len attended Westwood Secondary Modern School, later Harris Academy Falconwood, in Falconwood, London, England, United Kingdom.
Dancer, TV Host, Dancing Judge, Dancing Coach, TV Presenter
- Father – Leonard Gordon Goodman (Electrician)
- Mother – Louisa Adelaide (née Eldridge) Goodman
- Siblings – Josef/Joseph Sosnowski (Great-Great-Grandfather) (Recipient of the Virtuti Militari, the highest military decoration for courage and heroism in Poland)
Len Goodman is represented by Useful TV (Talent Agent Commercial) in London, England, United Kingdom.
6 ft 0.5 in or 184 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Len Goodman has dated –
- Cherry Kingston (1972-1987) – On April 27, 1972, he married his dancing partner, Cherry Kingston and their marriage lasted 15 years as they separated in 1987.
- Lesley – Len revealed in the past he was married to Leslie, who gave up her nursing occupation to help him run his dance school. Out of the blue, Len found out he would become a father at the age of 36, and welcomed his son, James William Goodman on January 26, 1981. Even though James moved in with his mom when Len and Lesley broke up, he later rejoined his dad to become a Latin and ballroom dancing teacher at his school.
- Sue Barrett (2002-Present) – After more than 10 years of dating, Len married Sue Barnett, a dance teacher, on December 30, 2012. The ceremony was held at a small private venue – Mosimann’s dining club in London, England, United Kingdom.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Anglo-Saxon, English, and Polish descent.
Due to advancing age, his hair color has turned ‘Gray’.
- Tall height
- Wide nose tip
Len Goodman has endorsed brands such as FLEXISEQ.
He is also the ambassador for Age UK, the largest charity working with older people in the United Kingdom.
Len Goodman Facts
- He was a member of the cricket team during high school and the passion for the sport remained throughout his life.
- He started dancing at the age of 19 and worked as a welder’s apprentice before that.
- Despite winning a lot of competitions as a professional dancer, he retired in his late 20s.
- Len was diagnosed with prostate cancer in March 2009. He was treated for it in a London hospital and entered into remission.
- Other TV personalities on the judging panel for Strictly Come Dancing alongside him were Craig Revel Horwood, Bruno Tonioli, and Darcey Bussell.
- In May 2017, he was replaced by Shirley Ballas on Strictly Come Dancing after he decided to step down from the role of a judge so he could enjoy his golden years. Despite a strong insistence from the public, he stated that he would be “quite happy doing nothing – reading a book and pottering in the garden.”
- In 2005, Len also joined Dancing with the Stars and was a judge alongside Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba. In 2014, Julianne Hough joined the judging panel as well.
- Len is a big fan of the West Ham United soccer club.
- During the 2018 season of Strictly Come Dancing, he would’ve chosen Ashley Roberts and Pasha Kovalev as the clear winners when it comes to skills. However, if he were to look through the eye of the audience, he would pick Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell for their inspiring story of the struggle to get to the top.
Featured Image by Len Goodman / Twitter